Fall Is In The Air

Fall Is In The Air
Fall Is In The Air

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Cross Stitch

My little teeny tiny cross stitch sampler for my miniature house was not easy for me to do cause I had a hard time seeing it.  I used magnifiers and did it under a bright light. I still had a problem.  I enjoyed doing the cross stitch itself so I went to HL and bought a bigger one.  For my first one I got a stamped version instead of a counted cross stitch, so I can watch TV while doing it.


There are 6 blocks like the one below and I will make a table runner out of it someday...


I also picked up some sock yarn to knit a pair of sox.  I have never knitted socks before because the heel has always intimidated me.  I have knitted Icelandic sweaters, fancy dancy sweaters, mittens, lots of things through the years, but never socks.  This should prove to be interesting.



I dug out my Readers Digest Complete Guide To Knitting in case I have a problem when I get to the heel. This is the best book ever.....



Been having probs with my wrist so I am going to try to wear my brace when knitting as I think it is carpal tunnel.  I am hoping with some exercises I wont have a prob. Wish me luck!!!

hugs, lJ





11 comments:

  1. Good luck on the knitting. I have carpal tunnel and the brace helps me with things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of your wrist first and foremost!! Please share the finished socks with us when you get them done! I love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cozy abode looks so lovely and seasonal. I love fall decor. You teeny tiny cross stitching looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing ... :-) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know how you see to do such tiny detailed work! I hope your wrist gets better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your cross stitch and sock knitting. It’s been years since I’ve done either. I crochet and loom knit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cross stitch is gorgeous. I never learned to knit. You might like the blog called Pointy Little Sticks, she makes a lot of socks. Moist heat will help your wrist too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is Dee's link, she also does cross stitchhttp://pointylittlesticks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same book and love it! Hope your cross stitch and knitting go well.......and I hope your wrists don't hurt so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stamped cross stitch...great idea! I'm always looking for 't.v.' projects. I've been wanting to do some pillowcases. For your socks I highly recommend Cherry Heart's pattern for Your First Pair of Socks. she has very detailed instructions for DPN's and Magic Loop. I still refer to her instructions when I do certain parts of the sock...okay...the whole thing! LOL! I no longer need to look at the pictures and she has written concise instructions for when you are getting familiar with them and just need a reminder. Her site is on my sidebar on my blog. If you can do all that other complicated knitting you should have no trouble with her instructions. It is a pay for pattern but well worth it! I hope your wrists feel better. I don't have that problem...yet...but then I have many different types of handwork I do plus I never do one thing for hours like some. I have too much 'house' to take care of! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you ever did the tiny one! Cross stitch is so pretty. I would love to know how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to love doing cross stitch and did a cross stitch bedspread for my doll house. I prefer already stamped on designs too because i usually do needlework while watching .v. or visiting with friends and family.

    I hope you're wrist feels better soon !

    ReplyDelete