Fall Is In The Air

Fall Is In The Air
Fall Is In The Air

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Mini Meet

Last night we met for our mini meeting.  We are making a miniature cross stitch sampler.  I don't know if it is my age or my eyes or probably both lol....  I am having an awful time with this.  I do embroidery, I have done crewel but this is driving me nuts.  I just cant seem to find these holes...

Here is the sampler we are making:
(One of the girls in our club designed this sampler and is teaching the class).



Really neat... I love it....

Here is the first one I started

Even though these dang holes look enormous here
I cant see them for beans....  I am using magnifiers, a bright light over my work...


I cross stitched a bigger cloth.
I don't know if you can see the difference.  The holes on the top cloth is a tiny bit bigger....




I just might be able to do this pattern on this cloth and still consider it a miniature piece.

At least I am working on the apple and I couldn't do this apple on the smaller cloth.  I messed it up every time.


Wish me luck.  If you have any pointers let me know.  I have never cross stitched before.

Hugs, LJ




10 comments:

  1. It is beautiful but it looks very challenging to me. Glad the magnifier is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with my magnifying lamp I have to stay away from small counts...that is a cute pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross stitch is fun but does seem to get harder on the eye's as the years drift by. I think you are doing a great job. I love the theme for September...Apples and School do come to mind. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were into dolls houses I used to lots of mini stuff but I don't think I could now. I find I have to put my close up glasses on for most things now.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do much anymore. Number one, my house is so full I cant put anything more into it. I stay with the club cause I love the people there. My eyes aren't what they use to be and now I would rather work on usable things, lol... LJ

      Delete
  5. I made several cross-stitched samplers on linen several years ago, but would probably have trouble seeing the small counts now. I think the best thing about your mini meeting is getting to be with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a crazy about cross stitch...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a challenge, for sure! The design is so cute! I don't know how she does it either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fall door hanging. Amazing creativity, Lady Jane. This is beautiful. I tried to post on the correct site but I had not signed into my blog and it continues to reject my comments there.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love to cross stitch but I was never a fan of the tiny fabric count. It's a lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete