cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Friday, August 11, 2017

Threads Picked

Today I went through my Sulky treads and these are the ones I picked out for the first cactus in my quilt.   I just may have enough, but I really should replenish some of my threads so I don't get hit with a big expense all at once.


See the stuffed animal in the left top corner.... He has graced my sewing table for months.  He needs to be stitched so Max can have him back to play with.   Well, actually I have a few that need repair, lol....


This will be the first cactus to be stitched:

The Barrel Cactus


We saw these out in the desert when in Tucson.  They are so pretty when in bloom.

Hugs, LJ



10 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty colors, your quilt is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a selection. Reminds me of when my Mother worked at the fabric store. I loved looking at all the colors of embroidery and sewing threads. The cactus is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty cactus. So many colors of thread.....and cute stuffed animal always needs repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those colors! Can't wait to see your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cactus is really pretty. I often have little repairs to make on dolls and animals for a couple of little ones in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those threads are gorgeous! They are so shiny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colors are pretty. They will make a lovely cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cactus will be beautiful. I love the colors! I am always mending Eli's teddy bears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are great. It is going to be so cool!

    ReplyDelete