Fall Is In The Air

Fall Is In The Air
Fall Is In The Air

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Cactus Quilt Wall Hanging

Done!!!

Before I show you the quilt I will post a little about how to put it together in case you want to give it a try.  This comes from Missouri Star Quilt instructions on a quilt as you go quilt which is a bit faster than a traditional quilt.  I tried to give the url here but it wont come through.  I will look for it again and see if I can get it to work.

In the video she sews the embroideries to the batting and backing.  I machine basted them.  I don't make the straightest stitches in the world, so I knew it wouldn't come out right  when I stitched to fold over the seams.  I knew those previous stitches would show somewhere along the line.  I would rather take the extra time and baste and take out those stitches that end up showing...  Even so it still is a quicker method of putting your piece together and instant quilting.

Machine basting



Trim the back fabric to one inch




Sew these blocks together


Fold seams under and stitch


Sew panels together and fold those seams under and stitch same as above


Fold under all the way around and wha la

Easy Peasy!!!


I hope my niece likes it!

now I have to figure out if I make a sleeve to hang or because it is small,  perhaps just two rings that she can add a ribbon to and hang.

Hugs, LJ











7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I would be so proud if it was mine. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and quickly made, you put me to shame, I ponder so long.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out beautiful! She is going to love it! I love that the cactus are in bloom! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friend, This is truly gorgeous. What a precious gift for her. Thinking of you this afternoon and sending my love and prayers. (p.s. I am taking time away from my blog but wanted to say hi)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fantastic job on this project! Your niece will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift! I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She will love it for sure as your love transformed into a beautiful gift for her my friend!

    ReplyDelete