cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Summertime and the living is easy...

It is 90 today so here I am visiting you all.  Hope you are having the best summer ever.  I miss my pool on days like this, but I don't miss the work!!!  I am hoping my neighbor Jeanne invites me over later when she gets home from work, she has a pool, YES!!!

Had an incident with my mail box last week.  The town hit it while trimming the sides of the street and knocked it over.  They replaced it for us even though it did have a little rot up the center.  For once I will give kudo's to the town, yay!!!...

Even though it has been wicked hot I crawled around on the floor making this blanket for my hubby.  He is always cold and  his was getting a little tatty around the edges, but he still loves it and can still use it.  This one will be a change so I can pry the old one away from him to wash it.  I swear he is like Linus in the Peanuts comicstrip.... The more we age the more we get like children,  lol...




What holds the two pieces of fleece together are the ties made all around the blanket.




I didn't take a pic of the reverse side but you can see on the tie it is a pretty blue.


Who do you think we root for in this house, lol....


Have a great rest of the week, hugs, lj

9 comments:

  1. Great blanket, my daughter has made some like that!! Hope it keeps hubby nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blanket for your husband; and always good to have a back-up blankie! Try and stay cool and I hope you get that invite to swim at your neighbors pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blanket I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a Seahawks blanket like that! And a tie blanket for our grandson too with monkeys on one side and dinosaurs on the other. My DIL said he LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hot here too.
    That is a comfy, soft-looking blanket. My cats usually take away my favorite blankets from me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hot here too. We have a new and very friendly family moving in the house across the street from us. They have a pool and my grandkids hope they invite us over sometime!
    That blanket looks so warm....if I made one, it would need to be Eagles. A Patriots blanket would get me kicked out of the house ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is terribly hot here too! Supposed to reach 100 today. That is such a soft cozy looking blanket, and pretty too! Hope you are enjoying your Ginny doll. I love dolls. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful blanket, and a gesture of love. I'm sure your husband will appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blanket looks great. Such a nice project that came out really good! I'm sure he'll love it! Hope you get that invite. Glad your mailbox is fixed!

    ReplyDelete