cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fitbit Charge 2




I have been trying to lose weight - like forever!!!  Every time I try I get past 5 or 7 pounds and then I just stagnate!!!  My friend has a Fitbit and she loves it.  So while shopping I checked them out and found the Fitbit Charge 2 on sale because they have come out with a newer, smaller version.  Yep, I bought the charge 2 on sale.  I have a penchant for gadgets.
I love gadgets!!! 

I mean if I hadn't bought the vaporizing cigarette I never would have quit smoking. That was soooo instrumental for me quitting.........YAY.......  By the way, cigs are going for $85.00 a carton now so besides being healthier, I am 85 bucks to the good every week.
Back to the Fitbit. 

I have it set to time, steps and bp.

At 9:33 I am at 563 steps and my bp is 69 because I am sitting at the puter and not reading anything that makes my blood boil, lol... (That is another goal, stop reading things that make my blood boil)...  My goal is 8000 to 10000 steps a day. I haven't been for my walk yet which is usually a mile and 1/2.  It is raining and I am procrastinating.  I may ride over to the outlet and walk under cover. Decisions, decisions....


You can download the app to your phone, tablet or puter or all electronic devices you own if you want.  It gives you all kinds of incentives to help you on your way.  It keeps track of  your sleep pattern.  Has a place to keep track of the calories you eat all day. Water you drink.  Tells you how many times you go up and down stairs and various exercises, biking, running, etc... At the end of the week it breaks everything down for you.  I went away a couple of days and even though I did eat and had a couple of drinks, I still lost weight.  I was at 150 and now I am down to 143.5.  So this is the crucial time of my diet.  I have lost 7 pounds....  So lets see what happens.  I am thinking positive, lol....  Also I keep looking for very healthy things to cook and eat and am staying away from sugar the best I can.  Tonite, I am trying

Creamy Avocado Pasta

Servings: 3, Prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 10 min.

Ingredients:

9 0z uncooked pasta
2 cloves garlic
1/4 C lightly packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
2 T fresh lemon juice, to taste
1 T extra virgin olive oil, more if needed
1 medium avocado, pitted
1 T water
1/4 to 1/2 t fine sea salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
lemon zest, for serving

Directions:

Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instruction on the package. For a lighter option serve avocado sauce over zucchini noodles.

While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. In a food processor combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince. Add the lemon juice, oil, avocado, and 1 T water and process until smooth. Stop to scrape down the bowl as needed.  If the sauce is too thick add a bit more oil.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot.  Add all of the avocado sauce and stir until combined.  You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temp.  Top with pepper, lemon zest and fresh basil leaves if desired.

Tips:

Because avocados oxidize quickly after you slice them, this sauce is best served immediately.

Make it grain-free:  Serve this sauce with spiralized or julienned zucchini or on a bed of spaghetti squash.

Off to walk.  Hugs, LJ









11 comments:

  1. Daughter has a fitbit, they are awesome. Glad you got one, hope it helps. I would love the pasta, Mr D, not so much, he is not a fan of avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe looks so good. I wonder if I would be able to figure out a FitBit. Good for you, it will be fun!! I love gadgets, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the Fitbit. I've heard good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to you! Arlene at Nanaland blog loves fitbit. I follow a great blog for good recipes call Low Carb Diabetic, also. You go girl! Keep on walking! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try the fit bit to track my sleep at night because I don't sleep well at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you on the exercise! I have been walking three times a day. I have arthritis pain in hip and knee, but I walk about 3/4 of a mile each time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on losing 7 pounds! I am trying to lose 10 pounds. My husband bought me a Fitbit for Christmas and I have really enjoyed wearing it. I need to study the app more...put it to use, instead of just counting my steps. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, I have tried to diet without any luck, just like food to well lol. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bud smokes and we did some research on the vaporizer cigarette for him...his physician told him that it's just as dangerous and inhaling smoke from the real kind...you end up with water on your lungs.

    Did it work for you? Permanently? I'll have to have Bud come read your post.

    I use my cellphone app - it tells me the steps, the calories burned, reads my stress levels, heart rate, and I'm lovin' it. Like you, I like gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fitbit is a great incentive to get those steps in. I'm glad you are seeing results from it! Keep up the good work. I will try your recipe, it sounds like something I would like! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you on both things,keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete