cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Monday, February 27, 2017

Giraffe


I am sending this to my niece for a baby on her hubbys side of the family. The baby will be named Keira Jani.  Very pretty name. I made a few  mistakes on this one with the binding.  It was a little thick to place around the hood but it is ok.  Sometimes the binding is a little bigger on the back.  Because it is terry I am not taking it apart to fix, it will have to do.  Also I had to use embroidery duck billed scissors (which I had and had never used before, lucky huh?)  to go around the applique to get rid of the fabric surrounding the embroidery because the instructions said it stitched the outline (around the embroidery cutout) first before the actual embroidery all in one but it didn’t.  On my machine it was separate.  I should have known this but it didn’t click till I was into the dang thing.   Oh well I know for next time.  Hubby said it looks like a cow not a giraffe, lol….  I wish it were more girly but casa rah sera  …







I threw in a card for her to give to keep up the theme...





Till next time. Hugs, LJ


11 comments:

  1. Good Morning to you and Bob, This is very sweet and yes, it looks like a giraffe! I know the gift will be treasured. I hope today will be a good day for you both.
    xoxo Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!

    I used to love those items. So lovely, to wrap a bathed baby up in, all snuggely and warm, and drying.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable and it totally looks like a giraffe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make these for shower gifts. Always a good thing to give to a new baby. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It is so cute and they go together so well! I love your new header! OMG, it made me laugh and so proud that you put me there!!! I love you my sweet friend! Oh, and you made 100 followers, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, and it looks like a giraffe to me. Adorable card to go with it too. I'm sure they will both be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's adorable! They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is AAAdorable and such a sweet, useful gift. your header is fabulous...LUV it, LUV it, LUV it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is adorable!!! And you even found a card to match! I love your first drawing! Wish I could even get on the floor! But not for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your adorable giraffe. I can tell she is a girl. my hubs is a critique too. I tell him all the time he needs glasses LOL

    ReplyDelete