flag I made

flag I made
flag I made

Friday, January 6, 2017

Too Stinkin Cute

OK, I just have to show this to you.  I am so excited about doing this project.


Missouri Star Quilt  had a tute and this is the wall hanging Jenny made.  Of course her little blocks were old, hand embroidered pieces she has picked up over the years in antique stores, flea markets, garage sales, etc.



Isn't it precious!!!

I have no old, embroidered pieces, but I found the next best thing.  Embroidery Library  had, on sale, cute little woodland characters. 


  This is the first one I embroidered on my sewing machine. 2nd one is in my header.  There are 5 more in the package.


I love the fabrics Jenny used to go around each embroidery and want to use from the same batch.  They are so retro and go great with the little embroideries.

I will share as I go along with this cute project.  I have no babies in line for this little quilt or wall hanging that I know of, lol, but it is just too dang cute not to do.

Hugs, LJ



14 comments:

  1. I love your header pic of Ragsy!!!!! And that quilt is really cute. I've never actually noticed embroidered stuff in antique stores. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled now. I'm usually looking for marbles & beaded purses, and glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very nice embroidered blocks, Ragsy didn't stay a tiny
    baby long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful work. So talented. Please take a look at my latest Post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed a very cute project! Those embroidery machines are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing is as sweet as vintage embroidery on a quilt or pillow case. It is easy to see why you are so excited about this project; it is adorable :)
    Have a fun and creative week.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. When I was 12 or so, a neighbor and I would sit and embroider similar patterns. I look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such cute pictures. The embroidery work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. Somewhere in my sister's treasures are some quilt squares for a friendship quilt my mother never got around to doing. I hadn't thought of that in years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are having a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really cute...what size are they and could I do them on my machine? I think they will be bigger than mine...let me know, please!

    ReplyDelete