cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Max Update


Madd Max is still Madd Max!!!

My husband is on a feeding tube due to radiation on the base of his tongue.  He wears a 4" X 4" IV sponge (kind of a gauzy, very tight weave thing a ma bob) around the port in his stomach.  Occasionally it falls off and he doesn't notice it when it does.  Max scooped it up and ate it before I could get to him. It took a week for him to finally cough that sucker up.  I was getting nervous, but the vet said to wait a few days and give him some pumpkin for fiber every day to keep him pooping.  He coughed out  a tube like thing about 5 inches long.  I don't know what to do with this dog !!!

We have put cardboard tubes around the wires to the outlets. He loves sticks to eat so I bought him a wood flavored nylon type chew.  He is driving me nuts!!!  We play with him, but he gets bored so easily...  I dropped some wire ties the other day and I picked them up to throw away. There were 10 ties, I picked up 5 but Max got the rest.  This trip I said "Max, treat"  he dropped them and came running. I hate to reward him for being naughty but I don't know what else to do....   Usually he will just eat it.  And he is fast, believe me....


It looks like the snow is his eyes, lol...


He loses all this hair tomorrow


He goes for his first hair cut tomorrow because he becomes one big snowball.  As you know I used to groom Rags, but Max will have no part of it.  I hope the groomer will have better luck than me. I have a feeling he will come home scalped...

I have all my Christmas shopping done, the cards are mailed.  The presents wrapped.  Amen...

I will cook lasagna for Christmas eve and don't know what I will make for dessert yet.

Hubby has cancer again.  This time in the left lung.  We haven't heard yet if it is an individual cancer again or if it has matastisized from another cancer.  It probably means radiation again.  Put him in your prayers.

  Hugs, LJ

11 comments:

  1. Max is what we in the vet med world call "job security". I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. Have walked this walk and understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your header is fabulous. Max is what we call a 'strong-willed' dog who probably needs a lot of exercise and attention. We've had a couple of those. I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. I put you on my prayer list. Sounds like you're way ahead of me on Christmas to-dos. Lasagna sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and I hope that the treatment will put him in remission ASAP. Your Max is quite the little devil! He's adorable though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry to hear about the cancer. I will pray for your hubby, and you. Mad Max keeps things lively around there, doesn't he??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max sounds like he is a real handful. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's health problems. Prayers for him and for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Max, such a naughty boy!! Pray all goes well for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your hubby. Sending hugs and prayers. what a naughty Max, hope he stays out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I'm so sorry that your hubby has cancer again. Sure will put him in my daily prayers! You pup, Max, is such a bad boy! Our grandpups are nick-names Hoover and Eureka because they also eat whatever they find on the floor. It is maddening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you and your husband will be in my prayers! I'm so sorry you two are dealing with this.
    If Max loves sticks maybe consider letting him bring one in the house. I sometimes let our pups bring a stick in and they're so happy and content for awhile. :)
    I will be getting cards ready this weekend and deciding on what desserts to make for Christmas. I'm thinking a chocolate raspberry cake and a pineapple upside down cake to start...lots of cookies are a given. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are ready for Christmas, wish I was. I think the shopping is done but oh, so much to wrap! Max is so cute and just being a puppy! Hopefully he'll outgrow his mischief. Post a pic of his haircut! Prayers for Hubby! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete