flag I made

flag I made
flag I made

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

My Rosary

When my hubby and I were first married we went to Indiana to visit my husbands sister.  Hubs and I visited Notre Dame University to see the Cathedral. He bought me a beautiful glass bead rosary.  Each bead had a rose on it.  It was lovely.  I have lost them. I have looked everywhere.  I believe it was in a purse that I took to a funeral.  I recently gave some things to the Salvation Army and I think I gave the purse away with the beads in it.  I usually check to make sure there is nothing in the purse but for some reason I didn't check it.   I hope they find a wonderful home somewhere.  I was going through drawers looking for my beads and found a set of my moms rosary beads.  They were in very poor shape. The beads were hazy and the findings were tarnished.  The cross and metal connector were badly tarnished.   I took some Noxon to the them and they cleaned up rather nicely, so I am guessing they must be bronze or brass.  The internet is a wonderful place for tutes as we all well know.  I found a wonderful tute to make rosary beads.  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbiddon100


Some of the stuff I bought to make my beads.  I already had the tools because I use them to do minis with.


What I have done so far. 
 


These will be pretty special having my moms cross and metal from her beads to pray on.

Hugs, LJ

  

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you lost the beads your husband bought you. So thankful you found your Mom's rosary and how nice that you can use it to make a new one. You are very talented.
    Blessings to you both this Thanksgiving. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad that you lost your beautiful rosary. Hope you'll post a picture of the rosary you're making when it's finished. It will be special because it is made from your Mom's rosary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you lost your Rosary but it's so great that you can use your mom's to make a new one that will have special meaning for you. I carry a special on in my purse and would hate to lose it. Keep us posted, please, on your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you lost your rosary. It sounds like it was lovely. How fortunate that you can make a new one, though, from your Mom's. Such a special keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beads came out beautiful and you'll think of your Mom every time you use them. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete