Fall Is In The Air

Fall Is In The Air
Fall Is In The Air

Monday, October 24, 2016

funny cushion story

This is my 2nd fitted cushion I have made.  This one came out pretty good.  Better than the one I made a couple of years ago for a garden bench.  With practice I hope to get better.  Practice makes perfect or so they say, lol...  I followed the video on Sailrite.com for covering a bottom chair cushion.  I absolutely love this site.  Their videos are excellent!  It is like going to an upholstery class.  I followed their tute on a roman shade last year and it came out really good.  



I like how the sides protect the zipper.


Funny story...

I bought the zipper that you can cut off the right size you want and then you put on the slide after you sew the zipper in.  I could not get the slide to go on no matter what I did.  REALLY!!!  I asked myself, "self, did they sell me a slide too small for this zipper?  No, they wouldn't do that, would they?" Well, I was so convinced it couldn't be me, right. I had an inferior product!  Until I noticed I was trying to put the dang thing on wrong end to....  Oh brother!!!!  REALLY!!!

Thought you would get a kick out of my story... Hugs, LJ
 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed. You are so talented. You wouldn't let one little mix-up discourage you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a professional job, even the shape is perfect! So where will you put it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for my DIL's mom. I have yet to do the back chair cushion for her Canadian rocker. Thanks, not perfect but passable.

      Delete
  3. I love your cushion, at least your figured it out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushion is very nice! I had to giggle at your predicament with the zipper. Boy have I been there! LOL Your garden bench and your yard are gorgeous, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a funny story...sounds just like something I would do...have done!! The cushion looks great, good job. Upholstery is something I've never conquered!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a beautiful job! Wow! And I would've done the same thing with the zipper. I'd sound like Bulldog from 'Frasier'. "THIS STINKS! THIS IS TOTAL BS! Oh...."

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cushion looks great! Glad you were able to stick with it and figure out the zipper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. On no we don't make mistakes. lol That was a good one, just something I would do. Glad you figured it out. Very nicely done. I would never a temp covering a chair. You did a marvelous job.

    ReplyDelete