flag I made

flag I made
flag I made

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bizarre Post - This will be a sewing dummy - we hope!!!

OK,  you by now may know me as a crafter who will try anything when it comes to crafts...   I have been wanting to do this for the longest time and all I needed was someone qutsy enough to try it. My neighbor has her granddaughter visiting for a couple of weeks and her granddaughter said she was up for this because she is learning to sew.  Her job is to let her meme and myself know how it works when she sews a dress or blouse or whatever.... and of course let us tape her up.....  I must say she is a hell of a good sport....


You cut this sucker up the back and tape it and stuff it with polyfoam and wha la you have a dummy of yourself.... I think we will use a stand made out of pcp pipe, that will take some thought.... A music stand was suggested in the web site where I saw this, but we want to keep the cost down.   All it costs so far is the cost of a tee shirt and some duct tape, a meme and a friend...  I will keep you posted as to how this works out....

Hugs,  LJ



11 comments:

  1. A genius thought this up!! What a great idea!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure looks strange; glad to see it has a good purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{giggling}}}---hmm...I will reserve my thoughts until I see the finished product, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for trying it, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what it is though. A dummy of yourself for what? Like a dress form but it's your shape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry JO JO, I should have made it clearer it was a dress form. Yep, that's what it is all right... LJ

      Delete
  6. What a good sport you model was for agreeing to help out, LJ. I will admit this dress form did look a bit unusual to say the least, but then I have never sewed myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'll be interested to know how well it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a super idea, and economical too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a super idea, and economical too!

    ReplyDelete