Fall Is In The Air

Fall Is In The Air
Fall Is In The Air

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Thank you all and new puter


First, thank you all for your wonderful messages about Rags. Hubby isn't ready yet but I am ready to adopt perhaps a rescue dog.  I have my feelers out.  I do want another shih Tzu if I can find one. I have a feeling they are not popular rescue dogs and it will take a while and by then hubby should be on board. 

Well as fate would have it I had a glitch with my new puter. Told you, they don't like me!!!....
Every now and then it would give me a message when in a slide show that my intel graphics driver would stop working then recover for windows 8. Well I have 10 so took it to  Staples and they said they fixed it.  Now I get a different message and the screen doesn't always go black,  the message says the application has been blocked by my graphic hardware.  Hells Bells.....

After I got the puter back from Staples I did download my old embroidery software and the updated driver for it. Husqvarna told me not to be upset if it didn't work cause my software is so old. It isn't quite the same but I think it will work out for what little I use it for.  The first stitching I did would not handle the color change. Took the embroidery off the software and loaded it again and lo and behold it worked.  Hope it will handle the really long color changes and intricate designs. I do want to try Embird or is it Embred????????  but I don't think theirs is set up for 10 yet.  Anyway I made book marks because I cant bare to waste thread on a design and not to put it to use.  Something about my upbringing somewhere in there, lol...


The one in yellow didn't handle the color change, the other one did...
I haven't a clue, lol...
Hopefully it wont be too big a thing to work around and I will be able to embroider...
Hugs, LJ


7 comments:

  1. You have so many talents. I hope you will find just the right pet when the time is right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer troubles are right up there with car troubles! Grrrr!! Hope you are able to do the work you want to do. Nice to see you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husqvarna makes embroidery software? I thought they only did yard equipment. My computer guy upgraded me to Windows 10 and I find it more of a pain than even 8.2 was. It definitely crashes more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have 2 things that would always 'stress me out.' A car that won't start and a toilet that won't flush. I've recently added a 3rd...a computer that won't 'compute.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about these machines. Mine will all of a sudden crash! It happens about once a month, when you least expect it! I think it's built in to Windows 10! So maddening....Grr! There are so many dogs out there that need a good home and the right one will find you when you guys are ready. I'm counting the days til I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about these machines. Mine will all of a sudden crash! It happens about once a month, when you least expect it! I think it's built in to Windows 10! So maddening....Grr! There are so many dogs out there that need a good home and the right one will find you when you guys are ready. I'm counting the days til I see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Computers are great when they work well, but they can be so frustrating when they do not. I like your bookmarks! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete