cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Friday, May 20, 2016

Slap, Wave, Slap, Wave, Slap

Black flies are a May thing around here.  I have the net for my head but I get hot because my gardens are in the sun and I like to wear short sleeves or sleeveless tops.    I sent away for what they call no see um fabric from Fabric.com and this is what I did with it.

I took an old pattern


cut it 3/4 of an inch larger and cut it 4 inches below my waste.



A little bigger around the neck


And WHA LA..... 

You can buy these for $35.00 to $40. I paid $18. for the fabric and it included shipping. I had the elastic for the sleeves and the bias tape in my stash. It did cost me my time which was an hour. If you know me you know that I am cheap. I love to save money... So doing the happy dance....

I am going out to see how it works. I have fabric left over for the separate hood but I already have one of them so there is no rush for that....

Hugs, LJ




8 comments:

  1. Good for you! I get excited when I find a way to save a little money too. Hope that keeps those pests away for you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so sneaky! You can't even feel them when they bite. I sure hope this works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Right now it's little green worms hanging out of trees and I absolutely hate them. I just can't stand it. I need a hazmat suit to get the mail and forget cutting the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to patent that, smiles---that is pretty ingenious, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How smart you are this looks great.
    No flies on you, just laugh at them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very smart and I like saving $ too. Hope this works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, well done you. I wish I could do that. Have a great weekend. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great idea! They are out here, too! In my yard! Used to be just in the woods, now they are over here, too. I hate their bites, very painful and last a long time. You did good, I hope it works for you. Good thing is, May is almost over. I hope they know it and leave soon.

    ReplyDelete