Easter

Easter
Easter Graphic by Graphics Fairy

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Rose of Sharon

 I planted this last fall and I almost dug this sucker up! It sure looked dead to me.  It just got its leaves.  A few days ago they were barely visible. My dear friend Jean at (A Romantic Country Home)  my walking book of knowledge about flowers and plants, told me to let it go, that they were very slow to get their leaves...

Thanks Jeannie Girl,  I am sure glad I listened...



Also another hint from last year from Jean, the garden guru...

Believe it or not, this worked last year so I did another one.

The paper bag is filled with store plastic grocery bags.


Hope you all had a fun and productive Memorial Day!  My kids came and put in the air conditioners, yay....

Hugs, LJ


13 comments:

  1. I know nothing about flowers or plants, but it's sure nice to have someone who does know about them. Please share a photo when your Rose of Sharon blooms! I've heard about keeping the wasps away with a fake nest...glad to know it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you share photos when it blooms. I hear ya on the air conditioners and so glad the kids came by...it has been darn right uncomfortable here. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll love the Rose of Sharon, they bloom for at least two months or longer, maybe a bird carried a seed your way :)
    Can't wait to see the color.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does the bag of bags do? I have a rose of sharon on the side of the house, or so I've been told. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the bag works I will try it. Rose of Sharon is a pretty bush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got one of those bags hanging on my porch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a rose of sharon bush on the path where I walk. They are beautiful. Hope this one thrives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope your plant blooms and does well! Great tip about the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My bag worked, too! I didn't get even one nest last year! I usually get at least 5 or 6. Glad to hear the Rose of Sharon has awoken! They are so pretty. Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My bag worked, too! I didn't get even one nest last year! I usually get at least 5 or 6. Glad to hear the Rose of Sharon has awoken! They are so pretty. Your garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Rose of Sharon just got its leaves not long ago too. It seemed to take a long time. I always love seeing the blooms.

    ReplyDelete