BFF

BFF
GOING TO A QUILT SHOW WITH MY BFF

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

RIP RAGS





RIP MY DEAR SWEET RAGS (RAGAMUFFIN)




It has been a harrowing couple of weeks trying to save our sweet baby.  Ragsy was 13 years old and had congestive heart problems and some bladder stones. We were waiting to see how things would go with the heart before having any surgery for the stones when he developed a pinched nerve ( he was being treated for arthritis) in his back.  He couldn't walk well, sleep or eat. Trying to get meds into him was a struggle. He ended up at the vets overnight to be hydrated and fed intravenously only to come home and not drink or eat for 4 days. Went to the vet again in that 4 days to have a nausea shot, but to no avail.  We decided it was selfish and cruel to try to save our little guy, the look on his face said it all. The decision was hard but had to be made.

I cant say enough about our vet and his staff. He is truly remarkable. I only wish he treated humans.  The compassion was overwhelming...
Badger is alone now but once over our grief I feel we will look for a small rescue dog this time as there are so many out there.

LOVE YOU RAGS....
LJ


14 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for the loss of your Rags. Sending lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this sad news. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like to visit http://rainbowbridge.com/ A great sight for those who have lost loved pets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks for you. I'm so, so sorry. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Rags was well loved and left you with many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooooooooooooooooo sorry to hear this - I know it has to be awful. I can't even imagine. Love and hugs, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always so sad when friends lose their beloved fur-babies. Rest in Peace sweet Rags. I think you made the best decision and I understand completely about knowing when it is time. They can tell us and it seems like your Rags did just that. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear friend, I am so sorry to hear this sad news.I know how hard this is and you will miss your sweet Rags. Hugs and more hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to read this, my heart hurts for you, always hard losing a beloved pet.Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very sorry. Sending my love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so, so sorry... he was the sweetest and best dog...may he rest in peace. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did the best for your friend you could have done...saved him from a lot of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry. I know you are missing Rags so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated condolences, Lady Jane, on the loss of your beloved Rags. Many of us have lost furry companions, myself included, and can identify with your sorrow. Rest assured you did all you could for Rags and take solace that he is no longer in pain.

    ReplyDelete