cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tale of Woe

Hi All, I have been out of touch as of late. My puter bit the dust.  I have the worse luck with computers...  This one was probably about 5 years old or there abouts.  The dang hard drive went or so they told me at Staples. They could get my favorites and some patterns off so I lucked out there. Emails I am struggling with so write to me with your emails because I don't have some of them.  My paper copies are really old.

I bought a Dell this trip.  Every HP I have had has had a problem.  I came close to buying a Apple but learning Windows 10  will be enough of a learning curve for me lol...  Naturally my office 7 wasn't compatible with this computer so I had to get office 16....  I sincerely hope this puter will last me a lot longer than the last two did...  I must be awfully hard on them or I just don't know what I am doing and I break them...  This has no big computer thingy that you usually get with the desktop.  This has everything built into the monitor....  Really didn't want to go that way but it is such a huge screen that in my older years it is nice to have big print.  Anyway that is my tale of woe... Hopefully I can get my embroidery software on it.  That is wicked old so I have my doubts.  If it wont go on here that means more expense so if you guys know of any fairly good and not outlandishly expensive software please let me know.  Thanks.  LJ

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your tale of woe, Lady Jane. I hope you can adjust to your new computer quickly. There's always something new to learn, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting new computers. Mine has crashed a few times and we had to get a new hard drive for it a few years ago. What I hate the most is new windows. I have windows 10 and it does not have alot of things that were free with Vista or even windows 7. Good luck with your new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had nothing but problems since my 2008 Toshiba started to limp along at the end of 2014. I bought a brand new Toshiba and it was dead within 3 weeks. I lost about 2,000 pics but I was able to recover most of them off Facebook and the external hard drive. And this one is it's replacement and it's been nonstop issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I am sorry to hear this. I have a HP All in One and love it...anyways---nice to see you back online. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems I have the same problem with putters. I have to replace them much too often. I wouldn't do that but I enjoy them so much. My Goodness, what in the world did we do before they came along? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Computer troubles are right up there i the top three greatest frustrations. Glad you have a new Dell and I hope your software (or perhaps an update) will work on it!! Keep us posted! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got fixed up and back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with this one. I'll send those addresses you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with this one. I'll send those addresses you wanted.

    ReplyDelete