flag I made

flag I made
flag I made

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Things for Valentines Day and a Valentine Found On Pinterest

The valentine above is one I found on Pinterest.  I don't know who designed it so I cant give credit.  I pictured it here to wish you all a Happy Valentines Day and a happy February.


I have a couple of things put out so far for Valentines Day.



I saw the candle on the internet and it was suppose to have embroidered hearts. Instead I made the hearts out of fabric.

The mail box I have had for years and the little girl I bought at a gift shop next to the Maine Diner in Ogunquit. She reminds me of that very happy time.

As you can see we have very little snow so far this winter. We are having rain today,  YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.............
It doesn't have to be shoveled...

I AM NOT DECEIVING MYSELF.  WINTER IN NE WILL HAVE MORE SNOW AND COLD.  Gosh dang it!!!

BUT I WILL TAKE THIS AND AM THANKFUL.....


 
 
 
The mailbox is waiting for some valentines.
 
 
The little girl carries a valentine that a dove delivered to her while she is going to the mailbox to mail her letter. She is so cute.
 
 
It makes me think of this song I love so much.
 
 
 
 
 
I love these blinking candles with batteries. I don't have to worry about a fire and it actually smells like vanilla...
 
I buy tulips every week or so to remind me that Spring will come again.
 
 
LOVE AND HUGS, LJ
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Very springy! I've been very satisfied with this winter, thus far. Although I hear snow is in the forecast. But at least it doesn't last long. I'm all about the quick melt! We don't have any Valentines decorations. It's just too much work. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen! I used to make cards and for some reason gave it up. I miss it sometimes. We too have had little snow and some good rain this winter. I hope we get that rain this summer! Have a great week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations look great! We have never been too festive about Valentine's Day, but I do love hearts. My jewelry box has quite a few of them. The card you found on Pinterest is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your sweet Valentine's Day decorations. Cute story behind the little girl statue. Tulips make me think of spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Lady Jane...Ohhhhhh it was monsoonal here in western NY yesterday...awful...I rather have snow...I stepped off the bus into a huge puddle and my feet were wet all day---what a way to start the day---I ought to invest in rain boots I guess.

    AND, I am not going to be deceived either in thinking winter is over with---we all know---its not. Just saying, wink. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute mailbox!! That's a great idea. I should get some fresh flowers today when I'm in town. I wonder if i can protect them from our -5F temp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day to you! I love that song too. Your decorations are pretty. I'm also grateful we have no snow right now. I wouldn't mind if the snow would be done for this season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your valentine pretties are just LOVEly! Thanks for sharing with us! Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the decorations and the Valentine that you found on Pinterest. It is so pretty. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day! Love that song, too! Love ya, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the decorations and the Valentine that you found on Pinterest. It is so pretty. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day! Love that song, too! Love ya, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your decorations, especially the mailbox! I will have to let my granddaughter decorate for valentine's day here and we will post some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi friend, Such a beautiful February post! I have sweet memories of making Valentine "mail boxes" with white paper bags in grade school. I would decorate them with construction paper hearts and classmates would drop dime store Valentine cards with suckers inside. I love seeing tulips, hyacinths, jonquils this time of year. Sending love and sweet wishes to you this February. My adult niece helped us adopt a 2 year young Terrier/Chihuahua mix 2 weeks ago - all 8.8 lbs of him. He brings us lots of joy and laughter. The cats are "beginning" to accept him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. p.s. That is a sweet video. The Pastor of the church I grew up in (who recently passed away) would often end a church service by singing this song.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lady Jane! I'm sorry I don't visit often enough. I love your decorations! I was thinking today that I should soon take down the snowflakes on my front window...then put up some hearts, like in February. Oh, it's already February 4th! Time waits for no one ;-) best get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Hearts are always beautiful and Valentine's make them extra special.

    ReplyDelete