BFF

BFF
GOING TO A QUILT SHOW WITH MY BFF

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hi All, I have been thinking of dunking donuts now for a couple of days.  Cant wait to get to the store, lol... 
 
Haven't done a lot since the New Year started.  Sewed a pair of pj bottoms for GD's hubby, but forgot to take a pic.
 
GD and I spent the day together which we don't get to do often enough.   We went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant and then we pretty much spent the day in Joann Fabrics.  She picked out some fabric for the hubby pj's and fabric for her door window at school.  All door windows have to be covered by a curtain (she has a piece of paper now) in case of lockdown so no one can see inside the classroom. She would like to have something pretty to look at.  Sounds pretty scary, all we had to worry about were fire drills.
 
Fabric  GD picked for her curtain:
 
 
And if enough left over she wants to cover her laptop. No prob making the curtain, I wont need a pattern.  Been looking at notebook patterns on the net and not sure which one I will pick.
 
I love it when she wants me to make something for her. It really means she appreciates it and I get to have some fun and it wasn't a waste of my time.
 
I did get to make her another apron
 
 
I was running out of ideas so I embroidered famous names of painters on it. Now she has one for each classroom and an extra if one gets really bad.

 
Also made her birthday card which is coming up soon.
 

 
That all she wrote folks,
Hugs, LJ
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. There you are!!! Good grief, please excuse me, Lady Jane...I have been wondering who you were. That goes to show you how scatterbrained I can be. I like the fabric your gd picked out...very pretty....many Happy Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunking donuts or Dunkin Donuts? lol DD is awesome. Although as I recall their donuts were better when they actually made them fresh. Now they are frozen and heated up for the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented, everything you make is so cute/pretty. I love Joanne's !! Great way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful!! For her and for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the apron with the artist's names on it. So perfect for her. The curtain fabric is so cute, it'll make a really cute laptop case for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the apron with the artist's names on it. So perfect for her. The curtain fabric is so cute, it'll make a really cute laptop case for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The day with your granddaughter sounds like it was a lot of fun. I like the curtain material. It is scary that teachers have to think about lock downs and all the horror that comes with them. They have a tough enough job as it is. The apron and card are so cute. I'm sure the laptop cover will turn out well too. I bet she will love them all.n :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at fabric! Trouble is, I hate to sew! I used to sew a lot, but I just haven't been able to get in the mood in recent years. But I'm going to have to because I need to hem new curtains and make some other home things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking at fabric! Trouble is, I hate to sew! I used to sew a lot, but I just haven't been able to get in the mood in recent years. But I'm going to have to because I need to hem new curtains and make some other home things.

    ReplyDelete