Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tea, Poetry and Soap

Now I suppose you all are wondering what they all have in common, lol... Gifts for ME for Christmas!!!   I have to share this wonderful teacup with you.  It was a gift from my son and DIL.  I also bought a little something for myself.  "Rainbow Chaser" by our wonderful blogging friend Connie Biltz.  I have gotten up to" Diner Therapy" and have enjoyed them all.  I love the way Connie's (alias Daisy) mind works.  She is so expressive and her poems just make me feel good.  If you haven't checked out her blog yet you can find her at http://morewherethatcamefrom.blogspot.com/  Also I bought some of Judy's (another blogger buddy) from http://cranberrymorning.blogspot.com/ Homemade Soap and Such.  I have used two of them and they are so fresh and clean smelling and gentle to this old bod.  I want you to know I don't get anything for endorsing these blogs products. I feel the same way I do by buying from my hometown farmers markets or small shops. I like to buy from friends and neighbors rather than conglomerates.  If I don't like their products than you just won't hear from me.  But if I enjoy them than I would like you to know about them and enjoy them also if you so desire.
 
Nothing goes better than to read a poem or two with your cup of tea


 
Isn't this a pretty cup next to a pretty book. It is a bit much to care for.  The cup not the book,  lol...  It can't go in the microwave or dishwasher. But it worth it to baby it because it is so darn pretty.  I love the cover because I don't have to rush my tea trying to drink it hot.

 
It comes with all these parts...

 
two different teas, Earl Grey white and lemon ginger

 
Not fond of the infuser as the holes are big and the tea falls thru but I have a strainer so what the heck.


 
My GD gave me some wonderful soaps from Lush and I gave her some also from Homemade  Soap and Such.  We think alike my GD and I.
 
Hugs, LJ

10 comments:

  1. Well now that tea cup is something special. I have not seen one like it before. Love home made soaps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cup is cool! Or...I guess 'hot'! I need a coffee cup that has a cover. I hate it when my coffee gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cup is so nice. I like the lid, too! I like the homemade soaps, they smell so good. Glad you got such nice things that you love for Christmas! Have a happy and healthy New Year! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar cup and love the cover too. I like the strainer , even though bits of tea leaf get through , I don't mind. Your tea mug is a thoughtful gift

    Connie's poems are wonderful. Her wit and tender heart shine throughout her poetry. I really need to buy her book.

    Blessings to you and yours this new year 2016 !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv your Christmas gifts! Happy New Year, Jane, may you celebrate many more in good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet gifts! Wishing you a happy and peaceful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you so much for your kind words about my book, Lady Jane. Thank you for buying it. You are a sweetheart to post about it on your blog. I'm so glad you are enjoying it.:) I've been away on vacation for the holidays and am just now getting around trying to catch up with everyone. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy New Year wishes to you, Lady Jane, and the treats to yourself looked wonderful. You are so right in saying there's nothing like buying something that was handmade, home grown, or created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect trio of gifts to enjoy on a chilly day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect trio of gifts to enjoy on a chilly day!

    ReplyDelete