cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Making Christmas Merry

Took a break from making gifts and filled my dad's  horse TV lamp with some Christmas flowers.

 Talk about retro...
 
 From the early 1950's till my dad and mom passed away this lamp sat on their TV no matter where they lived.  Now I have it on our stand in our DR and every now and then I change out the flowers.  I am so lucky to have it as I can not look at it without thinking about sitting with my dad watching all our favorite westerns.

 
I also made the wreath that will decorate the front door this Christmas season.
The ice skate is a SVG Cut file made with my Silhouette Cameo from
 
 
Check out this cool site. If you love paper crafting you will love their site.
 
The ice skate is part of their Winter Gazebo set.
 
Next I want to put the gazebo together.

 A good start to the Holidays!
 
Hugs, LJ

10 comments:

  1. Looks merry, I just am not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horse lamp is a real treasure. I love your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That horse lamp is awesome! Love the wreath as well! I have been so sick the past week and I want to start decorating! The holiday will be here in no time and I want time to enjoy it cause it's so much work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the horse lamp and the memories it brings to mind. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to come, Lady Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that you have that vintage horse lamp that brings you such happiness!! I LOVE it!! Things like that are such a treasure! Your ice skate wreath is great too! Quite creative and lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty wreath LJ. I remember my Mom and Dad had a black panther planter that sat on the TV for many, many years. I never liked it that much but my 3 brothers sure did. Now that all these years have gone by I would love to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the wreath and arrangement. You are so creative! My grandmother always had pretty arrangements and door wreaths and her mantle decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the wreath and arrangement. You are so creative! My grandmother always had pretty arrangements and door wreaths and her mantle decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The horse lamp must bring such sweet memories for you. I have a few decorations that trigger memories for me too. Your wreath is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I love your family lamp and the wreath is really nice. You did a great job on it...I love ice skates.

    ReplyDelete