Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

3 More Cards and when I grow old I shall wear purple

More Cards:

 
I have to quit these for a time .  You are probably sick of seeing these dang cards anyway!  Actually, I am tired of making them for now.  When I get sick of them or time is running out; I will find one that is fairly simple that I like and put myself on a production line and make the rest the same.
 
 I want to make another tote bag for my DDIL. She is very special to me.  Her birthday just passed and we gave her money, but I always like to have a gift and I hadn't found the right fabric. It is hard to find things to make for her that she will use as our taste are not the same, but I believe she will like the one I am going to make her.  She liked the way mine was constructed, but thought it was rather bright as I used southwest colors.  I found some really pretty blues and I hope she will like them.
 
That makes me think of the poem by Jenny Joseph. "Warning"  "When I grow old I shall wear purple" This was the poem that sparked the Red Hat Society.  She was absolutely right. As I age I am wearing brighter colors.  How bout you?  Do you find yourself doing things out of the norm as you age?
 
Anyway,
 
I think I have come up with of a couple of Christmas gifts I can sew also.
 
Hugs, LJ
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I admire your handiwork with the cards! I find that I love to wear scarves now that I'm a "senior". They also cover my wrinkled neck LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I pretty much own are tie dyes so I've always liked the bright colours thing. And batiks. Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show us a photo of the new tote bag when you complete it; I like those. Yes, I am with you on aging disgracefully, as the saying goes. I recently bought myself a sophisticated "wrap" in grey, red and black and it gives me a little panache when I go to church or meet friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely cards. Enjoy your bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are soooo talented. I don't get sick of looking at your fun cards...never!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tote bag for your DDIL sounds like a great idea. I'd think that would be something anyone could use.

    ReplyDelete