Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Antique Store Visits

My niece was visiting from Tucson and while her hubby stayed with my hubby she and I went off to browse some antique stores.  She came away with some gifts to bring to folks back home and she also gifted me with a sugar and cream set so I can have it when I serve tea and think of her.  It matches my tea pot that plays Tea For Two very well.

 
I picked up 2 new tea cups....  I love the pastel colors in this lovely cup!
 
 
Made in England and both are from Tuscan
 
 
I was only going to buy the one but Annie bananie talked me into both cause she loved this one.
 
 
And look at the towel I picked up
He is a real cutie!!!
 
 
Till next time, Hugs, LJ
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
















12 comments:

  1. You had some lovely purchased and what a lovely gift also. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely purchases. I need to find something to collect. It must be small, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salt and pepper shakers are a great thing to collect. Just a thought. Or you cant get much smaller than buttons.

      Delete
  3. Great finds! I love the tea stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love antique browsing, love your buys, the towel is adorable.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some beautiful treasures! Antique stores can be such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The towel is really cute! I am sure you had a great time during Anna's visit. I like the teacup and saucer sets that she got for you. It's a very nice remembrance of her and your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The towel is really cute! I am sure you had a great time during Anna's visit. I like the teacup and saucer sets that she got for you. It's a very nice remembrance of her and your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there anything more fun and relaxing than browsing antique shops? Especially with a friend or loved one. You scored some great finds. I probably would have wrestled you for all of it, especially that tea towel. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely finds and what a charming gift. I do have a question . . . I'm afraid it may make me sound dumb, but you never know until you ask. I also have a cup collection and some of them have those hand written marks on the bottoms, what do they mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, Those numbers are reference numbers stating which firing the lot production refers to. You need a book that tells you how many of that particular pattern were made and your number lets you know where you fall in that lot. Hence how valuable your piece is. Generally you need a whole set of pristine china for anything to be really valuable. At least that is how I understand it.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful tea set! Does it make you feel elegant to drink from a dainty china cup? It seems so special!

    ReplyDelete