cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Viva la Vida
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Viva la Vida (2008)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) The song refers to the singing of choirs. Have you ever been in a choir or a vocal group?  I tried out for glee club in high school and was promptly told I couldn't carry a tune.... Scarred me for life don't ya know.  Sorry, but some of todays kids are wimps. I couldn't help myself...

2) Chris Martin sings of when he "ruled the world." If you were in charge and had infinite power, what would you change right away? I would put God back into people's lives. Make everyone live by the Ten Commandments!!!
3) Chris used to be married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow. USA Today, The Washington Post and The Daily Telegraph have all run articles about how Gwyneth seems to annoy so very many people. What celebrity gets on your nerves? All the Kadashians...Including Kims hubby...
4) Coldplay's first big hit was, "Yellow." What color are you wearing right now?
Black and red Minnie mouse pajama bottoms with a red top.
5) Sam remembers when she used to hear this song everywhere and can't believe that was 7 years ago! When is the last time you had a similar "my, how time flies!" moment?  All the time... It is because I am getting old. lol...

6) In 2008, when "Viva la Vida" was popular, John Grisham's latest legal thriller, The Appeal, was jumping off bookshelves. What have you read this summer? To Kill A Mockingbird, Go Set A Watchman, Twisted Threads, and now I am reading Lost Sisterhood

) Thinking of books: Let's say a biographer has taken the task of writing your biography. What would you title your life story?  A little bit sweet, A little bit Sour

 8) 2008 is also the year Paul Newman died of cancer. I'm going way back. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
9) Random question: Do you like garlic?  Love love love garlic... 



Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
1.Smellyann2.Harriet
3.The Gal Herself4.Kimberly
5.zippi6.CountryDew
7.Kwizgiver8.Diana
9.lia10.Bev
11.Cat.12.Saturday 9

7 comments:

  1. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is a very good choice! Like the title of your bio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many celebrities annoy me, including Gwyneth Patrow. The Kartrashians of course. Miley Cyrus. If I keep listing them I'll be here all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun reading your answers and learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever answers! You read a lot of great books this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for helping me to get to know you better. Sorry I didn't join in but I'll try to answer some of your questions. I was in the 8th grade chorus. That's when I learned to sing harmony. I'm an alto. I had the greatest music teacher in 5th grade, Miss Benson. She played the hand hand thingy that has strings, What's it called? I sang in a Southern Gospel group for 20 years with my brother and my best friend. We come from a singing family. Due to hormones and allergies, I no longer can "carry a tune in a bucket." It was fun while it lasted. I've read all summer. All of John Grisham books now, all of David Baldocci, most of James Patterson. Thanks, this was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for helping me to get to know you better. Sorry I didn't join in but I'll try to answer some of your questions. I was in the 8th grade chorus. That's when I learned to sing harmony. I'm an alto. I had the greatest music teacher in 5th grade, Miss Benson. She played the hand hand thingy that has strings, What's it called? I sang in a Southern Gospel group for 20 years with my brother and my best friend. We come from a singing family. Due to hormones and allergies, I no longer can "carry a tune in a bucket." It was fun while it lasted. I've read all summer. All of John Grisham books now, all of David Baldocci, most of James Patterson. Thanks, this was fun!

    ReplyDelete