cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Friday, August 28, 2015

Rags/Tea Cozy

Rags desperately needed a trim and I have been busy in the yard. Glad we have window air units or he would have said "Ma, what are you doing to me?" Well, it seems like there is always a project going on, but I finally got to him.  Sure, when it is cooling down!  It is suppose to get hot again so he wont be mad for long.  All kidding aside he is one happy camper!!! We call him a "handsome dude" when he is first done and believe me he does strut his stuff. He is getting old and he doesn't like to walk much anymore, only around the yard.  But today he wanted to go with us for our short walk cause that is about all hubs can do right now. Do you think it was to show off, I think so!!!  My yard still needs a lot of work and I hope to be finished by fall, lol...
 
 
 
I also got to make a tea cozy with left over apron fabric I had from my stash.  I also had the sturdy fusible stabilizer left over from the tote I made so I use it.  It was hard to sew because it was just to sturdy.  Next time I will use quilt batting, but it will do for now.  I do hope it keeps my tea hot for a little while longer.
 
 
 
Till next time.  Hugs, LJ

7 comments:

  1. Rags is iindeed a very Handsome Dude. Cheery Cherry Tea Cozy you have created. Summer Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rags is cute as can be with his new haircut. I like the pretty cherry material you used for the tea cozy. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rags is so adorable. Love the tea cozy, the fabric is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rags is a cutie!! Is he named after the mechanical dog in 'Sleeper'? Or the war hero?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... No it is because when he was little with all that hair (they have two layers of hair) he looked like a rag mop...

      Delete
  5. Rags looks great! You do a great job on his haircuts. I love the tea cozy made with the ME fabric... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rags looks great! You do a great job on his haircuts. I love the tea cozy made with the ME fabric... so cute!

    ReplyDelete