flag I made

flag I made
flag I made

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Porch got a facelift

My poor grandson got laid off from his part time job because of Obamacare.  He usually works for the state painting lines in the road in the summer. This paid him pretty good money so he was staying with working there and working retail in the winter part time. But because of Obamacare they could only keep on so many people at hours below the point where they have to pay insurance to these people.   So while he looks for work he painted our porch.  I did the screens.  He now is painting the frame and some doors to put on the cabinets my hubby made for the garage before he got sick.   Even though we could keep him busy for the rest of the summer we have our fingers  crossed and praying  he will find something full time.  For now we are helping one another out.
 
If you look closely you will see where I scrapped some old paint away at the bottom of the porch and I primed it last fall but never got to put on the paint so the primer peeled away and needed to be scrapped again. 
 
 
A fresh coat of paint does wonders!!!

 
 
 
I want to replace these boards with composite wood.



 
Some of these windows need replacing but I am hoping to get thru another year.
 
Hugs, LJ
 


8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love your porch, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice, the flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad that he lost his job. I hope he finds a good one soon. Your porch looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very nice! He did a good job for you. I hope he finds a new job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The porch does look nice with the new paint! Hoping your son gets a job soon. (So stressful looking for employment.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have someone to help out. Good luck to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear about your grandson. a lot of that is happening, don't get me started!
    your porch looks lovely! I've missed your blog! hope you're enjoying your day!
    hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete