Easter

Easter
Easter Graphic by Graphics Fairy

Friday, July 24, 2015

Comedy of Errors and Art Show

 

Now I am no spring chicken as you probably all know...  After working all day in my shed garden trying to increase the size. (a story for another time). And painting 8 outside windows on the porch, off I went with my son and DIL to an art show in which my granddaughter had 2 exhibits.
 
My DIL was driving and when we reached the city she went to the building that she thought the art show was being held in. GD said it was in this building and GD said it was on the Main St.   DIL didn't question this because she knew where it was.  We had to park a block and a half away. We parked and walked uphill to the front of the building because that is where the GD directions said to go.  We asked several people where the show was.  No one knew. The last person asked,  said "Oh, you are in the wrong building.  There is another same name building up the street".  So exiting the building and going back a 1/2 block to the car we went on to the next same name building.  After again finding parking 1/2 block away we started trudging up this hill to the front of the building. No way Jose was this the building housing the art.  Inside was under construction!!!  DIL called GD and was told there were 3 buildings by the same name, all on Main St.... Of course this was where the art show was.  Across from where?   Marguerita's....  Really, Really, a bar across the St. with a huge sign saying Marguerita's!!!  So back to the car and back on Main St.  we headed for the 3rd building by this name.  Upon reaching this building we find only 15 minute parking all around this dang place....  Searching for a public parking lot,  we finally find one, a block and 1/2 away this time....  Uphill again, naturally.... My DIL and son after working all day were  starting to lose their cool by now.  Poor DIL was the one fighting with traffic all this time.   Me,  I am in flip flops...   It had never crossed my mind to put on sneakers!  Oh what was I thinking.   Don't I know by now what can go wrong, can go wrong!!!  Yea, we finally made it and there was GD and her husband.  After hugs around we went into see the show.  Me, haggard as I was from traipsing around the city; I found the art show to be pretty damn good. Some of these art forms are very unusual as you will see in the photos.
 

I kind of liked this one.
 
 
Well!!! What do you Think?

 
I am going to put some of my quilt squares into frames and enter them into the next art show, lol...

 
Now this is more my style....

 
And these also....

 
 

 
Hubby and I years and years ago stayed at the beach in a place very similar to this one.  Brought back fond memories.

 
OK????

 
Yeah, I kind of like this one....

 
Now I find these a little creepy, but it is a photograph, emulsion based, on mirrors...  You can find the technique on the internet if interested.

 
 

 

 


 
These are GD's These are various photo's and painted onto aluminum...  I believe I got the technique right. This was a popular art form where she went to school.
 

 
Sorry reflection from lights are showing up in these.

 
 
 
Oh,  when I got home  my feet went right into a nice warm foot bath, vowing never to wear flip flops again!!!
 
Till next time, Hugs, LJ

11 comments:

  1. All that uphill walking! ugh! At least the show was good when you finally made it. Your GD's work is very pretty and unique. I know that foot bath felt really nice! God bless you and your husband this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given up myself. HA! HA! I do like the first artwork with the Moon. I am a sucker for anything with a moon in it. I do love the one with the house on the garages. Reminds me of one I grew up in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an endurance test to finally reach the art show. That was a hike of love. I like the art your GD created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you I know that was rough I would have had to stay in the car the third time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool artwork by everyone! I love art shows. Haven't been to one in ages. Loved the first one with the moon too! So why would they give 3 buildings the same name?! Just a tad confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You photographed some pretty nice art to share with us! There is some talent there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was quite an adventure! Glad you finally made it, flip flops and all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to make it to the show and didn't give up. Her artwork is different and sometimes it is good to stray from the norm. It makes art more interesting. And I know that she was happy that you did make it to see her art on display. 3 buildings...same name...strange!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to make it to the show and didn't give up. Her artwork is different and sometimes it is good to stray from the norm. It makes art more interesting. And I know that she was happy that you did make it to see her art on display. 3 buildings...same name...strange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad too that you did make the show. There were definitely a variety of different syles of artwork. Yes, it is hard to really show them in photos. Hope your feet felt better after that soak 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that sounds like it was a very long day! I'm glad you enjoyed the art show. It makes it more interesting when there are a wide variety of styles.

    ReplyDelete