Fall Is In The Air

Fall Is In The Air
Fall Is In The Air

Monday, June 29, 2015

Thanks, great news, and wonderful books to read

Hi All, I want to thank all of you for your wonderful comments on my last quilt block. I haven't been busy sewing the last couple of weeks. Too much going on. I wanted to just touch bases with everyone and say hi and wish you all a Happy 4th.  It is a joy having wonderful blogging buddies and hi to my latest followers. I will get back to you guys to see what is going on with you all. My hubby is having eye probs on top of everything else he has going on. He has remarkable stamina, that man!!! I pray things will straighten out soon and I will be back sewing my next block. I am having fun with them and the history behind them is really fascinating. Got some house probs also. If it isn't one thing it is two, lol....

Got wonderful news in spite of all our trials though. The Lord always sees fit to give us something to see us through. My niece and her husband are coming to visit in Sept. I haven't seen them for 5 years. It will be wonderful to see them. It is her granddaughter I did the doll for. I am thinking if they will help pay for shipping I will make her a dollhouse.  It will be very well made when put together as the wood is very well cut and heavy duty. It will be done up in a farmhouse style and I am thinking of making it look very much like my grandmothers farmhouse. Complete with the hand pump at the soapstone sink.  That will be so neat!!! I have to check into how much it will weigh and the cost of shipping it. Once done it will be awkward to pack so I may be putting my cart before the horse here. lol...  I have had the kit

for a while now and would love to do it for her. I don't think my granddaughter is going to have a child very soon the way they talk.  Anyway, food for thought.

Read some really good books lately.

 "Crossing The Borders Of Time" A true story of war, exile and love reclaimed. By Leslie Maitland.

"A Chance In The World" A true story about an abused orphan boy, a mysterious past, how he found a place called home. This book is not for the feint of heart. I had trouble reading some of it and can not believe how this boy turned into the wonderful man he did. He has great perseverance. The book is by Steve Pemberton.

"The Mockingbird Next Door: Life with Harper Lee"  Marja Mills spent months living next door to  Harper Lee and her sister Alice Lee while doing research for her book about Harpers life.  Harper Lee wrote "To Kill A Mockingbird". There were some interesting tidbits to come out of the read. Now I will have to read "To Kill A Mockingbird" again as it has been years and I have forgotten some things. And I also want to watch the movie again after I read the book.

Well that is the news from here for now. Hope everyone is having a great summer and I wish you all a great 4th of July. Hugs, LJ 

11 comments:

  1. I have the Mockingbird book but haven't read it yet. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!! The dollhouse project sounds complicated but interesting! Keep us posted! I know you will enjoy the visit with your family. September will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your husband's eye problems. I'm sorry. Please keep us posted. So happy your niece will be visiting. September should be cooler for visiting, too. That doll house sounds remarkable. If you have the UPS shipping stores where you live, I'm sure they could give you an estimate. They recently packed up a non-working weed eater for us to return. Thanks for the book reviews. I wish you a blessed holiday week. Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wicked cool house kit! It's funny, my dad built me a lovely doll house which was furnished with what was very expensive furniture from The Yield House. And what did I do? Make one out of a cardboard box and decorate it with furniture I made from paper and cardboard and magazine cutouts. hahahaha Isn't that always the way?

    I can't wait for the new Harper Lee book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and Healing Energy for your husband and your house. Thank you Lady Jane for visiting and commenting on my blog. I love your idea of the Farmhouse to honor your Grandmother. I would love a doll house even at this age. Summer Sunshine Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH.....I love that you're going to build a doll house to look like your grandmother's house. I do hope you'll post pictures when you're done. Your book list looks interesting, I love a good story. Will say a prayer for hubby, that he has complete healing with his eye problem. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello LJ and hope that your husband's eye problems will be resolved soon. The dollhouse project sounds very ambitious and know you will keep everyone posted once started. Hope the house problems are not serious. Wishing you a happy holiday weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about all troubles that are just a pain, I pray all works out soon.
    The doll house sounds wonderful and what fun it will be for both of you.
    come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear of your husband's eye troubles. I hope things get better soon.
    How wonderful that you will have visitors soon, and I love the idea of the doll house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you will be happy to have the kinfolk visit!! Hope you have a very nice Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th to you! Sophia will love the dollhouse. Maybe you could talk to Caroline, Cinderella Moments, for some tips on how she ships hers. Better get busy building! I'll have to check out the books. They sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th to you! Sophia will love the dollhouse. Maybe you could talk to Caroline, Cinderella Moments, for some tips on how she ships hers. Better get busy building! I'll have to check out the books. They sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete