cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Weed & Feed

Yesterday we put down weed & feed and today, yep, you guessed it,  all the rain is going way south of us.
 
 Too bad, so sad.
 
It is very cloudy and yuk out and the black flies have won the battle.  I don't know when I have seen such a bad year for these miserable little creatures. Yesterday I thought I did a very good job of  covering up and had a net over my head and still got bites.
 
 How do they do that???
 
 
 
Today I am going to get something done inside as I just cant fight those dang flies one more day!
 
Hugs, LJ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Those flies would drive me nuts! So sorry the rain missed you. It did the same here in GA and John had put out a little grass seed in one area.
    Hope you find a fun project to work on indoors today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww! We have regular flies, are they the same as black flies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black flies come every spring in NE and they bite; they draw blood and itch... . They were called May Flies, but now they seem to last into June..... Depending upon the weather. They are very small... Over the years I think they have gotten considerably bigger. That is my opinion but because they are so irritable it could be my imagination!!! I don't think so!!!

      Delete
  3. So glad we don't have black flies where I live but we do have some of the biggest nastiest mosquitos that bite and draw blood. They get so bad that the city has trucks that go up and down the streets at night spraying insecticide to kill them. They love water and really get bad after a rain. Guess every region has it's own pest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you don't have these little beasts! They last 2 o 3 weeks usually. So I try to get all the work done before they come out. We get the monster mosquitos also. They wont spray here unless someone gets sick from them and then they spray that town. We go out on the screen porch at nite or sit by a camp fire with lots of spray on.

      Delete
  4. Good to know they won't last, the other pest we have last until winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have them here now. They are spreading. We didn't have them until a few years ago. They are not too bad though, not that many. I have to use a lot of deep woods off if I go in the woods. I got a few bites this year. Hate them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black flies sound like a real nuisance. We don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete