cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Monday, May 18, 2015

Weed Cloth in Front of Shed

Yesterday I took the fabric weed cloth up in front of the shed. The last couple of years it has been a nightmare to weed. The weeds had grown through the cloth and under the cloth were very securely rooted.  It did look pretty good the first few years, and it was easy to maintain,  but again something that doesn't last forever....  So up it came.  Trying to get all that soil and pebbles off the top of that heavy duty cloth and pull the cloth up with all those weeds grown through was no easy task.  I finally won the fight and it is up and done. Amen and hallelujah!!!I will be able to fill the area with tulips and hyacinths bulbs in the fall. Once the hosta's are up and spread out,  the area will look better.

 
I filled a contractors bag with the weed fabric


 
ground after the removal. That is a hosta in the center and it will cover that area in no time at all.




 
 
I painted the kokopelli's and window box terra cotta to match the urns on each side of the shed.
 
 
 
 
You really cant get a feel for the woodland effect here, but the trillium are in full bloom
 
 
 
 

 
 
Added a couple of these quirky metal flowers, they are solar and flash different colors at night.
 
More trillium in the background
 
 
Pic of the entire shed. 
Like I said the hostas will cover the area in front of the wheels.
 
 
Today it is chilly and cloudy so it is a good day to clean my workshop.
 
Thank you for letting me share my fun hobbies with you.
 
Hugs, LJ
 

 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. You are making nice improvements and I like the terra cotta color you used for the shed kokopelis, etc. That weed mat does not last forever, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paint job is awesome!! I never heard of Weed Cloth. What is it and how does it work? How can it kill the weeds and not the grass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, It is a tough fabric that supposedly prevents weeds from coming up thru. There are various thicknesses you can buy. I bought a really heavy duty one because I thought it would last forever. No such thing, lol... It did last a long time but it was very hard for me to pull up at my age. Never again....

      Delete
  3. Your shed looks like a charming playhouse wannabe -grin-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my playhouse lol... I have a table on saw horses in thee where I do my planting for my window boxes and hanging plants.

      Delete
  4. Nice work! I have that same job ahead of me. I love trilliums and don't know why they're a protected flower. They're everywhere around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place looks so nice! I love the way you decorated the cute shed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would love to have a shed like yours. I know your hosta will be gorgeous. We are very hot/humid - occasional afternoon thunderstorms help with watering the plants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely shed/playhouse! it's cloudy here today as well, so I'm getting laundry etc done before the long holiday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that hard work paid off. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shed looks great/ Glad you got the landscape fabric out, it'll be much easier to take care of. Love the kokopellis, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shed looks great/ Glad you got the landscape fabric out, it'll be much easier to take care of. Love the kokopellis, so cute!

    ReplyDelete