Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's Official

Yep! We are officially Meme and Pepe  front porch rockers!!!

I have been waiting a couple of years for these chairs. Ever since Steve (our roof shingling guy) put railings on our porch for us. Before it had no railings and it looked so blah to me as well as I use to worry about someone falling off of it.  I actually did fall off of it when stringing Christmas lites one year. Yep, right into the hydrangea bush... God was looking out for me that day. I didn't get really hurt, was very sore for a few days and I thought I did permanent damage to my hip. I was very, very lucky.
 
 Every time I found chairs I liked I didn't want to spend the money for them.  (I am very frugal except when it comes to my crafts, lol). The ones I came across were very expensive and heavy to put in the shed over winter months.  Lo and behold on a trip to  Walmarts  last week, I found these for $79 a piece. And can you believe it?  Put together!!!.... Such a deal I couldn't pass up. They are pretty well made.   Heavy enough to stay put in a wind (I hope) and I can heft them to shelter come fall.


 
I did find a small cedar table  at the Christmas Tree Shop to put between the rockers but it isn't painted yet.
 
I can still rock to the Oldies,  Yep, I can hear the stereo out here, lol...
Hugs,  LJ

15 comments:

  1. I love the rocking chairs. You just never know where you will finally find what you have been dreaming of. Mother and I always loved rocking on the front porch. We had tuberoses planted there and the hummingbirds just loved those plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love your rockers. I bought one at Walmart about ten years ago. Last year I painted it red, but it is still holding up very well after ten years, and it is so comfortable. Rocking on the front porch is a delightful way to send an afternoon or evening :)
    Happy Rocking!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your rockers and they look so fantastic on your porch. Very inviting. I could see many hours of enjoyment sitting out there. Beautiful Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful! I love your porch and so much would love one. Growing up, we had a big screened in one. But ever since I was 13, no porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chairs and your beautiful friendly porch. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are beautiful, I am a rocker lover. I have a old one on the porch at the lake, my Favorite place to sit.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rockers are so nice. Your porch looks so cozy. Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to Wal-Mart. I want these...didn't know they carry these...they may not here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep my fingers crossed. I hope you find them. I love mine.

      Delete
  10. That does it, I'm heading off to Walmart! Love those chairs and we need them for our porch too. Confederate generals Stonewall Jackson and George Pickett.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the 2nd person going aft these chairs, I should be getting a commission, lol.... I hope they have some in your area. If not check Walmart on the internet and Loews had some for 99. Now if I had really given this some thought I would have guessed the generals, lol...

      Delete
  11. there's nothing like rocking on a front porch. :) I've always loved rocking chairs and swings!
    enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete