Easter

Easter
Easter Graphic by Graphics Fairy

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Visiting Mrs. P

The other day I read about tea and front porches on Mildred's Cat Tails site. Mildred wrote about having tea served to her and her mom when  she was little  on a lovely  southern porch home.  Ah, the South and their lovely traditions.   It reminded me of my mom visiting her friend when I was little.  I loved visiting Mrs. Parenteau because I had a penchant for glass even then.  Mrs. P had all these lovely beautiful glass ornaments all over her house. Mom would make me keep my hands in my pockets or clasped behind my back, as even then, I had trouble keeping my hands off beautiful glass items.   Mrs. P  would always bring out a lovely tea cart filled with such sweet delights.  Always a lovely tea pot and lovely cups and saucers (I got lemonade) along with cookies and pastries  that were so delicate.   I loved visiting her.  If I was there she sometimes would play a song on the piano or bring out her lovely wine and champagne glasses and fill them with water.

 

 
 She would play cute songs for me. Perhaps it wasn't so impressive as this one, but to me it was a concert to behold.  Just for me she would do this! If I wasn't there, mom said she would just serve tea.  Mrs. P was also an artist.  She had all these wonderful paintings throughout her house.  I loved visiting her studio.  She painted a portrait of me when I graduated from high school for my mom  and later one of my niece. The likenesses were uncanny.  Through the years I don't know what happened to these items. They would be nice to have. She was a very talented lady and a good friend to my mom....   Between  my mom's and Mrs. P's artistic ability,  I believe they both had  an influence on my wanting to craft things with my hands. I wish I had their artistic talents, but that doesn't matter, because everything I construct, I have such fun doing.
 
Love, LJ

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories! These visits sound like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious story you have shared. Isn't it a blessing the way God places special people in our lives? Hope you have a restful evening. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this one of the songs she would play for you? I have always loved it! It is too bad you do not have her gifts anymore, but you still have her memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The memories are very special. Thanks, Ginny.

      Delete
  4. I just loved reading this post. What wonderful memories! It is so wonderful to have special people in our lives such as this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mildred made me remember this from her post and it is a very special memory.

      Delete