Easter

Easter
Easter Graphic by Graphics Fairy

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Supper Goof up

Last nite I took a pork tenderloin and I was fixing up  some corn bread stuffing to throw on top of it.  Sauted some celery and onions up in a little butter and usually I throw in a can of cream of chicken soup.  I opened a can of chicken a la king instead.  Well, what the heck I threw it in, mixed it around and put it on top of the tenderloin.  I baked it at 375 for about 35 minutes. I always check on it with a meat thermometer. Threw some chicken gravy on top of that and it was pretty good and that is what I am having for lunch today.

 
Hugs, LJ

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes cooking accidents create new and tasty dishes. I remember once my friend put apple juice in a skillet to fry potatoes instead of oil. They were the best fries I had ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it turned out to be good; and now you have a new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best way to cook. My husband says that in 32 years, I have never made meatloaf the same way twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems I never have the needed ingredients for any given recipe!

    I love your cartoon on your header today. Sister, Karen, and I were laughing yesterday by phone that at our age, we don't even buy green bananas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog today! It appears that we have several blogging friends in common! Your pork "concoction" sounds quite good, actually!! Glad it was a worthy left-over too! My favorite lunch is a good leftover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love a happy accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you created a new dish! Looks good! :-)

    ReplyDelete