cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Saturday, April 18, 2015

NEW FABRIC AND A NEW BLOCK

I bought some new fabric from Missouri Star Quilt Co.  I am running out of ideas for the colors to put together for the Civil War blocks.  I don't want to buy just what they consider Civil War fab from companies cause some I don't  like all that well, so I search fabric stores endlessly.  Some fabrics called Prairie style I love. In fact I found one for the curtains in my BR when all is said and done for the Prairie style curtain.  I also like some of the fabric I have seen at Keepsake Quilt so will probably get some there also.  Trying to figure out how many blocks will be needed for the bed will be crazy to figure out with what I will need for the strips between the blocks and then the borders and binding....  Listen to me, I only have 5 blocks done and am worried about all that!!!  I think I will just concentrate on the blocks for now, lol...
 
A NEW BLOCK

 
NEW FABRIC FROM MISSOURI QUILT

 

 

 
I paid a little more for the Missouri Quilt fabric than the Joann Fabrics and there is a distinct difference in the quality. But I will continue to check Joann's because it isn't that far from me and you never know, I might find something I absolutely love.
 
HUGS, LJ

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful block. I may be repeating myself here but my mother worked in a fabric shop when I was little. That, and the fact that grandma was a seamstress, I have always loved to look at fabrics. You have chosen some pretty pieces. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Especially the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun seeing all of the different fabrics and how well they complement each other. I received a book of JoAnn coupons last week in the mail. I'm saving the 60% off one item for something special. Not sure what though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors of these new fabrics. Just wonderful to look at.

    ReplyDelete