cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Tote Done, Starting My Quilt, Note Card Give A Way

I thought it would take me longer to finish this tote, but it was the easiest pattern I have made in a long time.  Ran through the video from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and it was just so simple.  The only hard part is turning the bag inside out and making sure the pattern side of the straps were right side out when turned to the outside.  I had to use plain black on the back of the pattern black as I didn't have enough pattern black for each side of handle.  Is this making any sense to you? You should try turning it, lol....
 
Take a gander:
 
 
 
 
 
Told you it was colorful!!!
 
This bag will see a lot of use this summer.
 
This morning I have been reading up on squaring up the squares to make nicely finished blocks to be used in my quilt. It is rather daunting. Some say pull out a thread so you have the true grain and start the cut on the grain. Others say to be so careful and to line up just right. Shake out the fabric so it hangs straight. Make sure when you stitch you don't stretch the fabric.   And then do I wash the fabric or not? I hate to lose that crispness and then I probably would have to starch it? Oh my, will my blocks end up wonky???
 
I won't know till I try. I hope I don't waste too much fabric.
LJ
ps. don't forget to sign up for the give a way on the Thoughts of blogging and give a way post. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It is the prettiest tote I have EVER seen!!! If you were selling, I would buy it! I love your colors. Also I love your pretty blog background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny, thanks for your kind words. I am much too slow to make any kind of a profit doing what I do, lol... I do like showing people how to do things on their own, I find that rewarding or to point them in the direction of great how to sites. I like the cutest blog on the block for backgrounds. They have a lot to choose from. Have a great rest of the day. LJ

      Delete
  2. You are so talented!! Love all the color ~ both in your fabric and your blog.

    I wanted to thank you for stopping by. Are you aware that you're a "no reply blogger" ? I tried to find a email addy for you but unsuccessful.

    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, thanks for the accolades. I will check out not having my email on my site. It was there once upon a time. You have a great week also.

      Delete
  3. It is a lovely bag. What a great pattern. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is colorful and bright. Perfect for summer! I am amazed! I don't think I could do a project like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love it and the colors are so pretty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, so bright and cheerful, very pretty.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tote turned out great. Looks like it was a fun project. Hope you are enjoying a sunny Sunday. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks very professional. You did a great job on it! You'll get a lot of use from it. It is colorful, just what you should have in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great bag...you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm no quilter but my late grandmother was. She always washed her fabric before using but she also mixed new with old fabric so that may have had something to do with it. It may have had something to do with even shrinkage or maybe it was just her way of doing things. Looking forwards to watching your quilt story unfold.

    ReplyDelete