Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dreary Day AndTea Time

It is a cold and dreary day here.  We are getting heavy rain throughout the day.  Hubby is still on a feeding tube so I am being creative with my meals.Yesterday the market had a lobster already cooked to take home so today   I fixed lobster salad for lunch.  I mixed the lobster with a low fat mayo and added a bit of horseradish to jazz up the flavor. I had a banana for dessert.  It Twernt half bad... With this I fixed my pot of tea for the afternoon.  How do you fix your tea?  I am very systematic about my tea. First I put hot tap water into my pot and cup to keep them hot. I then boil up my water. I use an infuser (fancy name for strainer) to pour the water over the tea  (this trip it was Twines Earl Grey) in the pot. I cover it with a towel for 3 minutes. (with all the sewing I do you would think I would make a tea cozy, lol.)
 


 
I use another strainer to pour the tea into the cup. I don't like tea leaves in my tea... Yep, I'm fussy when it comes to my tea!!!I keep the pot covered with the towel and this keeps it hot for over an hour. Then you can drink it tepid for a while.

 
Then I carried to the puter to enjoy.
 
This ritual really perks up a dreary day...

LJ
 
ps...  don't forget the give a way?  Not much longer left...
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your husband! Did you post about him and I forgot? How long will he be on the tube and what is his problem? We drink lots of tea. I put the loose leaf ones in a metal tea ball. But stuff still escapes it! So I have to get another strainer out! Even then, it is not really clear! This is why I resort to tea bags and tea K-cups so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby had cancer at the base of his throat. He is recovering very slowly. I will keep you posted. How do K-cups taste. My coffee pot is on its last leg....

      Delete
  2. Your day sounds perfect for a cup of tea. God bless you both this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon, hope your hubby is ok... Sounds like a perfect cup,of tea on a dreary day.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having rain too. I have not read about your Hubby, hope everything will be alright. I fix my tea almost like you, but I do not let the water boil. I catch it right before it does and than pour it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I don't mention it often. He had radiation for cancer and is still recovering. Thank you

      Delete
  5. beautiful tea cup! I just read this blog post http://www.elefantz.com/2015/03/a-kettle.html about tea. Not sure if you are familiar with this blog. I pray that your husband is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another dreary day here, too! I've switched from coffee to tea because of my stomach., it was making me nauseous. I make it very weak and it's been OK. I have a candle warmer that I've been keeping my mug on and it keeps it pretty warm. I don't make it by the pot, just a mug at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You probably wouldn't like tea the way I make it. I heat a cup of water in the microwave then let a teabag sit in the cup for 2 or 3 minutes. Then I'm all set to go! :) I know it's the lazy way to do it, but it works for me. We had a cold and snowy day here today. Just when I thought spring had arrived we get this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something about a hot cup of tea or coffee or even cocoa that makes everything all right!

    ReplyDelete