cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Monday, March 23, 2015

Bernat Tizzy Recall


 
    
 I subscribe to Bernat yarn emails and I received this in my email today.   This is a heads up for any knitters that used this product.  LJ
 
 
 
 
 
Voluntary Recall
 
PRODUCT RECALL
Bernat Tizzy
Dear Bernat Tizzy Consumer,
All knitted or crocheted garments or blankets can come unraveled
 or pulled apart if they are “snagged”. The potential for these snags
can vary depending on the tension of the stitch or the construction
 of the yarn.
We believe that the risk of snags with Tizzy may be higher than normal.
 In finished knit or crochet items, the yarn can unravel or snag and form
 a loop, posing an entanglement hazard to young children. Since this yarn
 is marketed towards babies we have decided to voluntarily recall this
 product from the marketplace and discontinue its sale.
Since all yarn is prone to a certain level of risk in this regard, this was a very
difficult decision. However, the safety of children is our first concern.
 We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this Voluntary Recall
may cause you.
For information on how to claim your re-imbursement please go to
www.bernat.com/recall.
 
Ryan Newell

5 comments:

  1. Good grief, i have never heard of such a thing! Killer Yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my curtains! I'd not done a curtain for my french doors before but I'm so glad I gave it a try! You came up as a no-reply blogger, so I couldn't reply to your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know. I just wanted to tell you that I like your new header. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of yarn doing this. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete