cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Prairie Flower Doll

Hi All, I finally found a rag doll similar to one I had when I was little.  I loved that doll soooooo much and carted her everywhere I went. I have been looking for ages for a doll like I had, not any doll would do....  Once years ago I asked my mom "why didn't we save her.?" My mom laughed and said " she had been washed so many times and had been repaired so many times that she couldn't keep the stuffing in her any longer. Prissy went where all worn out toys go....   You were too old for another one said she or I would have made you another."   Jeez....   I think I buy that, lol...  Anyway, I found a wonderful blog http://byhookbyhand.co.uk/  If you love dolls you will enjoy this site. Beth is a remarkable doll designer. Hmmmm, a lot of her dolls look like her.  One of these days I will try one of her knitted dolls, but even though I do knit, I would rather sew and her rag dolls are just soooo cute...  The Prairie Flower doll  is very similar to my Prissy.  My moms doll could have been made from a sock  as she always referred to her as a sock doll not a rag doll. But my Prissy is so similar and  the hair and dress is so much like Beth's doll and the face is embroidered very much like mine was.   I am happy as a clam I found her!!!....

I will follow Beth's pattern as I go and will post my results.   I think this will take a while to finish... I am making this doll for my great grand niece Sophie, so be patient  my dear, you will get her eventually...
 
Here is the naked version....



 
I followed directions to turn the pattern into a freezer paper pattern
 
 
 
finished doll parts
 
 
 
hopefully it will look like this someday..............
 
 
 
Stay with me, lol....
 
LJ
 


 

5 comments:

  1. Wait...you are not going to keep one after you make it? I do like their hair. Wouldn't it be great if we still had all our old favorite toys? Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a pattern just like that ~ somehow it disappeared!! I made angels from my pattern, anxious to see your Prairie Flower doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie. Can't wait to see the finished dolly. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet memories! I'll look forward to seeing her all finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is very cute! And I think you should make one for yourself to replace Prissy! Somehow, it just feels right to me. I can't wait to see her all finished. I am sure Sophie will love her as much as you loved yours!

    ReplyDelete