Easter

Easter
Easter Graphic by Graphics Fairy

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas and Mug Rugs

I hope you all had a very nice holiday.  We did in spite of everything.  Most of you know that hubby is recovering from radiation for throat cancer.   After the kids had their Christmas and dinner they came to visit along with the grands and they brought me some prime rib that my son cooked.  Med rare and cooked to perfection.  I am so glad hubs can't smell much yet as he is on a feeding tube so the rib didn't interest him.  I am glad I didn't tempt him, but am praying for the day  he can at least drink something without it hurting.  When he says he can smell the coffee and can't wait to have a cup I will know he is on the mend for sure.  The kids gave me a gift certificate to JoAnn's and cardstock for my silhouette.  They sure know me, lol... I will stay busy for awhile...  Miss my kids at Christmas but they stayed just long enough not to tucker the hubs out and he enjoyed their visit.
 
I belong to a quilting group called  http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/ run by Sindy  Rodenmayer.  Sindy also has a blog and you can visit her at http://sewingalong.blogspot.com/ .  Sindy is having a mug rug swap in February.  You can make one to three rugs.  I am going to make 3, 2 of which are done.   I had to stand them up as I couldn't get a decent shot with them laying down so one or more caved in on me.  Anyway, here they are:

 
Front



 
Back
 
 
Next One


 
Fabric for Back


 
So much fun to make!!!
 
Any ideas for the 3rd one.
 
LJ
 
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your mug rugs! Maybe some for Valentine's Day. It'll be here before you know it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know about your husband. I so hope that he makes a complete recovery, my mom went through radiation. I like your new header, and I love Jo Anns! The little rugs are major cute! I would not put mugs on them because I would not want them getting wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ginny, that's the beauty of them, they wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your husband to have a quick recovery. Your mug rugs are really cute! You will have fun using the JoAnn's gift certificate, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet mug rugs! Hope your husband gets well soon! Wishing you a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete