Fall Is In The Air

Fall Is In The Air
Fall Is In The Air

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Making existing equipment work!

 
 
Here are some cards I have dubbed around with.The ornament cards are from Silhouette from Lori Whitlock. I had trouble with the outline to put onto the card with the birds. The outline didn't fit right so I fudged the settings and recut it and it still didn't fit to my satisfaction.  Too troublesome -  so I left them off the green and red cards.  The trees are cut from a previous design and I used distressed ink as the background. 
 
 
 
If you look very closely at the red card you will see that ornament was cut from embossed paper.
 
Now here is a trick I learned.  I love these embossed papers. They are expensive to buy so you can make your own with embossing folders. You need a machine such as the cheapest one you can buy that I have found is the Sissix  (I have to check spelling on that). It is shaped like a purse. That is $39 to 45 depending if you find it on sale. Well, I bought a folder for 3.99 and took it home and ran it thru my pasta maker I use for clay. I ran it thru one way, turned it over and ran again and it came out perfect...  Cool huh....  Making things we have on hand work for us is a wonderful thing....
 
Till next time. LJ

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to send yours to everyone at Christmas? They will be in for a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know very little about making cards, but do know yours are lovely. Thanks for the very nice comment you left on my blog. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very clever. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love the card with the green trees. For many years I made all our Christmas cards and it was fun.

    I never thought to make my own embossed paper...good idea.

    ReplyDelete