Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Wonderful Book

 
 
 
 
"The Forgotten Seamstress" by the author Liz Trenow is perhaps the best novel I have read in a very long time.  If you enjoy reading you need to put this on your must reads
 
 It is 1910, Maria, a young girl from an orphanage along with her only friend is employed to work as  seamstresses for the royal family.    Poor Maria's life becomes very complicated.  Thrown into a mental asylum she tells a story no one believes.  Maria's adept hand at stitching is her only salvation.

Can a beautiful quilt, discovered many years later, reveal the truth behind what happened to Maria?
 
 
I couldn't put this book down.....
LJ
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good one! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely put this on my to-read list. Sounds good! I read all the time on my kindle. It's been the best gift I have ever gotten. Thanks for sharing this and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to get a good book recommendation. Winter is when I read more so I shall put this on the waiting list. Thank You for sharing...

    ReplyDelete