cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Friday, August 29, 2014

Weedwacker Bliss

OK... I do a lot of yard work. I love the outdoors and it is better than going to a gym....  It used to be mostly weeding and hand clipping around some plants.  Some string mower stuff, (that is the best thing since sliced bread.)  I love this thing.  Notice the strings to the left out in front...


but hubby did the rest....   But as time has gone by my hubby has had a lot of surgery due to cancer. He has gotten to the point he just cant do what he used to cause his lungs wont allow it.  So here was my suggestion...  We buy an electric weed wacker...  He has been against them for years cause he has his wonderful, useful, heavy duty, gas powered weed wacker that also has lots of wonderful, magical all around attachments, small roto tiller, blades for trimming the forsythias, rodo's, etc.  and blades for tree trimming.  These weigh 2 ton.....  So if he is feeling punk and I want to go dilly dally, whats an old broad to do?  Buy an electric weed wacker??? So I took him to Home Depot and what do we find, a weed wacker that isn't electric but battery operated.  LIGHT WEIGHT...   We bought it...  I only had to twist his arm a little, lol...  I just got done trimming around the vinyl posts of the fence without slicing thru the whole fence posts.  Yay.... Around the roses,  without chopping the whole bush down.... yay.... Hubby did around the pool and some of my garden beds....  Who knew, lol.....
 
DH's wonder  (which does have its place, I'm not saying it doesn't) But you do have to be the hulk , dang it....

 
New Toy with battery to the left
 
 
accomplishments in no time at all


 
Now I will say I had 4 more posts to do when the battery went dead and I will have to wait to finish the job tomorrow, but dang I was tired anyway and if it had power I would have finished the job and been dead on my feet.  Tomorrow is another day....  Also  it just doesn't have the power the gas one has, but this one is so much lighter.... Yay....  Hubby will still do the jobs that are bigger with the gas powered one but you know, he wont shake for 3 days (I hope) when he's done!!!
 
Hell to get old.... LJ
 

5 comments:

  1. That was really nice the way you and your husband help each other out and find items that make work easier. I know that helps a lot. You are right - getting older is not for sissies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really put in a day's work! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had one of those...ours is also too heavy for me! The yard looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lightweight, battery-operated one was just what you needed. You've been working hard and everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John has one and just loves it! Your yard looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete