BFF

BFF
GOING TO A QUILT SHOW WITH MY BFF

Monday, August 11, 2014

Paisley Greeting Card

The Silhouette Cameo I bought will take me a month of Sundays to learn.  The older I get the dumber than a stick I get, I swear.  I look at the Utube video and by the time I open up the software I forgot what it told me to do.  So I took out my Samsung tablet and tried to follow along with it,  but it is just too dang small for me to see where they click and you know; they go too damn fast!!!  If any of you do tutes on the net out there, slow it down for us old folks, lol...
 
Anyway, I finally learned how to take a paisley element which is a design that is part of the cameo software.  It comes in two pieces.  One is an open cut paisley design and the other, a solid thingy that goes behind the open cut.  The solid part I colored lavender on my puter and printed out.  You do this in two steps.  One you cut out the paisley open face design (which you don't have to do too much to on the cameo software, yuck, yuck).   No really, it is a matter of learning the software.   Remember what I said, dumber than a stick, hee, hee.... Then you take the colored piece you printed out and cut that out then layer the two together.  Hopefully that will make sense when you see the design.
 
Now don't be too critical of the paisley design, lol....  This was my first try.... 
Here is my card: 

 
 
See the paisley design...
 
 
Can't see the cupped flower and leaf too well here.

 
That is a piece of fan shaped tulle behind the top button.
 
That is the first attempt at card making with the Silhouette Cameo.
 
LJ
 




4 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! The process sounds complicated, but you did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous! I have always loved paisley, as I grew up in the 60's, which was definitely the paisley era.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card came out really nice. You did a great job and I'm sure it'll get easier as you use it. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete