cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Owlsome

I have had the silhouette for about two weeks and I am getting better.  Although I will have to buy a new mat soon as I have made a lot of mistakes with the one I have and it is starting to lose its adhesive.  I think the blade is still sharp.  I just have to learn the adjustments for the papers I am using.  No, I have not used it for fabric yet. I am having too much fun making cards.  But I will when I figure out what to make.  I am thinking a Halloween table runner.
 
  Here is the card:

 
The owl scene came from the silhouette online store ( I received a $10.00 purchase card when I bought the cameo).  You also get a free image every Tues. to download.  If I had purchased this image it would have cost 99 cents, most of the designs are .99.  I believe I will be purchasing a few, lol... I colored them in the silhouette studio software and printed them from my printer. The software puts in registration marks which the cameo recognizes so  the pieces are cut around the colored areas. This was cut in pieces because after they are cut you layer them together.
The background is cloud paper I had laying around and the printing I did in my Publisher software. 
 

 
Also the clipart and printing on this page I did in Publisher.
It is cool that I can use the two together. 
 
oh my goodness, it is too stinkin cute!!!
 
Here is another card I made recently:
 
 
The card came from Silhouette online store and it cut out but I had trouble with this one. It perforated rather than cut it and it took me forever to get all the little doo hickies out.  I wrote to the designer to see if I can change the settings and it will cut better rather than trial and error that wastes paper, my mat and the cutting blade.  But the pink page under came out perfect.
 
Hugs, LJ

2 comments:

  1. They are awesome! You could have a good job by selling cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both great cards. How fun. Thanks for stopping by and catching up. This summer has gone by too fast. Wishing you a nice week.

    ReplyDelete