Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Sunday, August 3, 2014

HI ALL,

I have been working on the stepping stone:

 
I colored it with alcohol inks.  It will need a couple of coats of Marine Poly before setting outside.
 
We had a visitor:
 



 
Whoops!
 
 
Also I bought a new toy:
 
A Silhouette Cameo with the fabric pkg.
 
There are a ton of videos on Utube if you want to go on over and check this baby out....
 
 
 I can use this new tool to make greeting cards, scrapbooking, and cutting out appliques for quilting.  Also I am hoping I just might be able to use it for mini's...  This is a wonderful item.  It cuts vinyl, paper, fabric.  It can be used in conjunction with quilting, rhinestone's, and etching. I have also read you can use a pen in place of the razor to draw.  I will be busy learning this new tool when it comes in.  Don't think it can replace my sewing machine though. lol....
 
 
 LJ
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. The stepping stone is gorgeous...too pretty to step on! See, even the deer wants to walk on it! I have not heard of this machine, maybe it is new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful stepping stone; very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stepping stone. I've never seen the "toy" but I know you will enjoy using it in your many crafts. We had a deer in our yard earlier today but I did not get a photo.
    Thanks for checking in and I wish you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stepping stone looks very pretty. Love the deer photos. It's fun to get to see them up close. I bet you have a great time with your new "toy." :-) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to check this machine out. It looks like a lot of fun and useful, too

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty stepping stone. love the deer!

    ReplyDelete