cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Garden Projects

I like to decorate my garden.  A few years ago I laid stepping stones going up to a arbor that my hubby put in for me.









Years ago I made a stepping stone with stain glass and cement which was a lot of fun.  I made one for my bro, one for my son one for my BIL and one for hubby.  You learn from experience.  I think by the time it got to me I decided they should be sealed. Bros and BIL were in warm climates.   My sons cracked, now I don't remember if I sealed his but I have the pieces of glass and I want to make him another an be sure to seal it big time. I sealed mine and I take it in for the winter. I want to make more of these with different stain glass motifs because they are a lot of fun.  Maybe this winter it will be my in between time sewing project.




Gosh, I think it must be 2 years ago a friend gave me a slice of wood from trees she had cut down on her property.  It is a beautiful piece of wood.  Unfortunately I left it in the garage over the last 2 winters and it has developed a crack.  But once I do what I want to it and I lacquer it with marine poly, I think it will be all right.  Once again, it will have to come into the shed every winter.  Like every thing else, lol.... Gee, I envy you people in warmer climates....

 
This is the picture I want to transfer to the wood slice and then I want to wood burn it into the wood slice.  I will cover it with marine poly and hope it will last a long time.  I will show you when it is done.
 


 
Garden projects are so much fun....
 
LJ




5 comments:

  1. I love the stain glass stepping stone. So pretty! Your idea for wood burning on the wood slice sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented and creative. I adore both these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stepping stone, it is so pretty. Can't wait to see the wood project. We have to bring things in for the winter too. I left a birdbath out the first year we had it and it cracked. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stepping stones are so pretty. I wish we would put some in. They make gardening all the more enjoyable.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the steeping stones, especially the stained glass one. The wood is pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete