flag I made

flag I made
flag I made

Friday, June 13, 2014

A Gift To Be Simple


I was hopping around cyberspace today and was looking at the Shaker Village site to see what was happening there this summer.  I love to visit there at least once during the year.  While there I stumbled upon a shaker saying and that led me to one of my favorite folk singers.  Here is "Tis A Gift To Be Simple" put to music for you to enjoy as well...
 
I tried to download this but you have to click to watch and listen.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kWTDgc96bg8&list=RDkWTDgc96bg8

LJ

6 comments:

  1. I love the video.
    John and I took my parents to a Shaker Village in KY one summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how many are left? Are there even any in the village?

    ReplyDelete
  3. None are left Ginny. The last sister died a few years ago at 96. The grounds and houses are kept up very nice by volunteers and an organization set up to oversee everything. Someday I will do a blog on it. It is such a peaceful place to visit. The Shakers gave us a lot of wonderful ideas and inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved listening to Judy sing that song and more. She has a beautiful voice,,,I forgotten what a great singer she was, Do you know if she is still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to the Shaker Village but have always loved that hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a friend who used to love to visit Shaker Village. She has passed away and this post made me think of her. I love that hymn!

    ReplyDelete