cotton and lace

cotton and lace
cotton and lace

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Roman Shade

 
I couldn't be more happier with these curtains!!!  I paid $71.00 to make them.  This included a cord lock and a steel rod to weight the bottom of the shade and quite a bit of extra fabric, (I had coupons, yay, always a good thing).  I have fabric left over to make a  toaster cover, food processor cover, and blender cover to match with coordinating towels. If I have some left over  from this, I may use it for chair cushions in the DR because they are really one big room or perhaps another roman shade in the master bath as it is a small window.
 
The curtain I didn't have a pattern for. I found a curtain on Pinterest I liked and went from there.
 
To make the roman shade I followed two sites and used the best of both.  I really liked how Sailrite attached the shade to the hanger with Velcro and that is how I did it, I also ordered my cord locks from them and they are great to do business with. They have great fabric but I had already purchased mine from Joanns. I liked how Jen Duncan used only the rings and not wooden dowels for the folds. She also has a wonderful blog.
 
www:sailrite.com
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I bought a new sliding door curtain  for the DR, a slat type to replace the 12 year old sun bleached one that was up there.  This will be the next room I do.
 
Out with the old
 

 
 
In with the new...

 
 I think I will make a cornice (not sure of the fabric to cover it with yet) for the top of this curtain to match  chair cushions and the DR door window that leads out to the  garage.

 
Sorry about the messy porch but it is raining and the towels are to wipe Rags when he comes in and the bag of garden soil is from putting soil into some small pots earlier.  Anyway, I like the way these slats open to show more of the slider as I get a lot of light from this slider and drapes enclose it too much when drawn back.
 
Off to look at patio door cornices on Pinterest for ideas.  See ya soon.  LJ
 
 


4 comments:

  1. The shade looks so professional. And the cross stitch header, it is super beautiful!!!! Will you hang it? Like your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some serious skills, my friend. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Roman shade looks great! You really are a talented seamstress. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great. I love your coordination of the shade to the valance. I also like your new sliding door shade. You did good, my friend. I can't wait to see it...

    ReplyDelete