Fort Lowell Mission Bell

Fort Lowell Mission Bell
Fort Lowell Mission Bell, Tucson, AZ

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Biking across Central Park

I need to lose weight....
 
This has been a terrible winter for walking so I purchased this exercise bike.  It is pretty awesome.  It has a built in map of a Central Park trail. The bike automatically does the hills and vales.  It takes 50 minutes to navigate this trail.  You can hook into other places to bike if you want to spend the money for the contraptions.  Right now I am doing laps on a track.  I go about 21 miles in a weeks time. So far about 200 calories every other day.  I can pick the resistance and speed to do these laps.  My goal is to someday do Central Park, lol....  This will take me some time to work up to as I have a  multiple of health problems.  I have been doing this for 2 weeks and already my BP is down. My pulse rate is doing better. I am pleased with the results and have also been dieting.  Not strenuous dieting.  I really don't care if I lose immediately. No more crash diets... I am staying about 1300 calories to 1400 a day and on weekends I am splurging on a dessert.... YAY.... OK OK once in a while I get up to 1500 calories.
 
   Let's face it, all exercise equipment are BORING!!!
 
I am listening to audio books as I bike my way around the track and it helps. I used to have a tread mill but every time I used it my ankle would hurt no matter how gently I walked.  So hopefully this will do the trick.  The kids have the tread mill and I am hoping they wont end up with the cycle also lol...
 
Wish me luck and maybe I will see you in Central Park.
 
LJ
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! Glad you are seeing improvement. About once a week, we splurge on something sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lady Jane. I completely understand weight issues. I like to eat and mostly sweets. I stay sort of on track by going to Weight Watchers. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I shall be visiting you again. Blogging is Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bike is really nice. I like the seat. The one we have, has a lousy, very uncomfortable seat and I could not stay on it for more than 10 minutes. It's good that you have the display to make it more interesting. That was a good purchase. Have fun and I'm sure you'll make it to Central Park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that your bike has the built in trail map. Sounds like a cool feature. I have an exercise bike, but it is very plain and simple with no frills. I might ride it more if it had trails to follow.

    ReplyDelete