cup of tea

cup of tea
Have Tea With Me

Saturday, January 4, 2014

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....



It is very cold here.  It is so cold here that pour Ragsy had probs initiating the steps today to come back in from his bathroom breaks.  He is 11 and he has arthritis now... My dear MIL used to say Arthur came to visit today...  Well it sure visited my little doggie today... I had to massage his pour legs.  Seriously, it is cold and we are not used to this extended cold here so early in the game -  even in NE... We may get some of these temps end of Jan. beginning of Feb. for a few days.    But this is sure early for us and these temps usually are far and few between.   Kind of makes us wonder what is too come... Thank God we have a grandson to come and use the snow blower to give Ragsy a spot to go and he shovels off and around the generator, my back deck which Ragsy uses to get to his potty area  and around the mail box.  We have a plow guy who is wonderful.  He is branching out this year and his daughter's boy friend is doing ours and wouldn't you know his plow petered out yesterday...  Dear Peter had to come in this bitter cold and get him and get that dang plow up in the air and chained and off they went... My Lord they work hard in this frigid weather....

 My neighbors out back are going to NC to check out land.  They are sick of this weather and all the rest that goes with it.  They have 60 acres back there so I am worried about who will buy all that land.  The driveway goes up and around our property.  Well we will see won't we... Everyone must do what they have to do and what they deem best for themselves which we did 13 years ago by moving here.  Hubby is doing real good since all his surgeries and thank God I am semi healthy so we have a lot to be thankful for...

Only 74 days till Spring, lol....

LJ

5 comments:

  1. I'm counting the days til spring too. Glad to hear your husband is doing ok and I hope your frigid weather will let up soon. Hugs to each of you and blessings in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you both are doing well. Believe it or not we are having some cold temps also next week we will see temps as low as 13 degrees and 30 highs northwest winds 35 miles per hour...this is cold here! Be careful on the steps and going outside. Keep warm and bundle when you go out...
    Do I sound like Mother.... LOL!
    Just Concerned. Hugs
    Come see my 2 new cats on Pet blog she spoke to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cold this year is really wicked, isn't it. I'm so ready for spring too! Hope you stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the aprons on your header. We are having spring temps right now, but tomorrow back to winter in the teens and snow. Wish it would make up its mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay warm inside, my friend... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete